Coordinator for Fraternity/Sorority Life
University Code 35221 University Title Student Services Specialist 1 University Job Family Student Services ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Coordinator for Fraternity/Sorority Life Position Number FA3710 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Student Commons Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Coordinator is a member of the Fraternity and Sorority Life team which aims to support a vibrant, success driven model for fraternity and sorority life at VCU . The Coordinator is responsible for the administration, management, and advising of the fraternity and sorority community at VCU . The Coordinator encompasses a wide variety of administrative, educational, and supervisory duties in the areas of leadership development, program/event planning and implementation, policy/procedure enforcement, program management, student organization advising, and supervision of graduate/student employees. The Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director for Fraternity and Sorority Life of the University Student Commons and Activities. Minimum Hiring Standards
- A Master’s degree, preferably in student personnel, higher education, recreation or related field.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCUis required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Experience in student organization advising and management is required. Preferred Hiring Standards
- A minimum of 1 year of full-time or 2 years of part-time professional experience in student affairs related field is preferred.
- Experience with Fraternity and Sorority Life serving as a council advisor, chapter advisor, house corporation board, fraternity and sorority advisory committee, or other organization which advises and manages collegiate fraternity and sorority chapters is preferred.
- Experience working with, and/or membership in IFC, PHA, NPHC, or MGC
organizations is preferred.
- Knowledge of student development and leadership theory, and its application to program planning is preferred. Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range 42,000 Application Process/Additional Information
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity, and inclusion – an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence. Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences, and academic and professional activities will impact your contribution to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and inclusion. Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research, and teaching that promotes equity and parity; advising and mentoring students, and/or initiatives to create a positive and successful organizational experience for traditionally underrepresented staff groups. Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday Job Open Date 07/20/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/108062 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond