Job Code/Title 82331 - H - Library Associate 1 Position Number HU1144 Working Title Information Associate Department University Libraries Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $11.75 Campus MCV and Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 10-15 Normal work days Saturday 3:30 PM-10 PM Normal work hours and Sunday 6:30 PM - 10 PM Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
Part-time Information Associates are part of the department of Information Services & Learning Spaces at James Branch Cabell Library. IS&LS introduces VCU community members to library services, staff, and information resources that advance their academic success and research endeavors. We seek to educate patrons so that they may become sophisticated, independent library users and information consumers. We value an exceptional level of service excellence; building relationships with faculty, students, staff and community members; a diverse environment built on principles of diversity, equity, and justice; and making Cabell Library an accessible, friendly, welcoming atmosphere for study and learning.
The library is currently seeking to fill 1 hourly position. This position will work at the Cabell Library Information Desk located on the Monroe Park Campus; the successful candidate may need to travel to the MCV Campus as necessary.
Work responsibilities include:
- Providing access to library materials
- Circulating library materials to patrons, including books, DVDs, calculators, etc.
- Maintaining patron records in Alma, VCU Libraries’ Integrated Library System.
- Implementing borrowing policies.
- Staffing online chat and text service points
- Assisting patrons in locating library materials.
- Processing returned items.
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and sanitary work environment
- Assisting patrons with their research needs:
- Identifying materials appropriate to users’ needs and skill level.
- Evaluating and selecting resources based on quality, accuracy, relevance and authority.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the VCU Libraries’ suite of research tools.
- Providing research service in person at Cabell Library’s Information Desk and via phone and text.
- Referring to librarians and other library departments for in-depth research assistance.
Assisting patrons with all aspects of library use:
- Providing directional assistance to services and materials at Cabell Library and at VCU .
- Monitoring library facilities and reporting problems.
- Providing lost and found services.
- Processing fines and fee payments accurately.
- VCU Libraries employees are expected to comply with VCU Code of Conduct ( https://president.vcu.edu/policies/ ).
Applicants with exemplary customer service skills and experiences are encouraged to apply. Reliability and dependability are a must. Preferred Qualifications
Experience working in an academic setting and in an academic library.
Undergraduate degree Job Open Date 07/21/2021 Remove from posting on or before 07/28/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/108107 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe a situation where you provided exceptional service
to a customer or patron, or a situation where you were impressed by
the service you received personally.
(Open Ended Question)
Describe a professional experience where you demonstrated
reliability and dependability. Describe your responsibilities and
what obstacles you may have to overcome.
(Open Ended Question)
VCU Libraries is committed to building a diverse and inclusive
community in which people of all cultural backgrounds and life
experiences are supported and valued. What does diversity, equity
and inclusion mean to you and how might you support this
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Library & Information Sciences Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond