Instructor / Assistant / Associate / Professor
Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F67880 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Instructor / Assistant / Associate / Professor School/Unit College of Health Professions Department Rehab Counseling Number of Months 9 Tenure Status Non-Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
The VCU Department of Rehabilitation Counseling serves as a national leader in the professional preparation of Licensed Professional Counselors and Certified Rehabilitation Counselors who will exercise skill and competence on a high technical and ethical level. Department faculty conduct active programs of research and service, and maintain high levels of teaching competence. In partnership with students, community agencies, and consumer and professional organizations, the Department endeavors to enhance the personal, social and economic well-being of the clients they serve, regardless of disability or other life circumstances. Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
The Department of Rehabilitation Counseling invites applicants to apply for an open-rank professor position that includes face-to-face, hybrid and online teaching in our master’s-level CACREP -accredited counseling program. The position is a 9-month position, with the possibility of additional teaching in the summer. As a Term Faculty position is preferred, the candidate will be expected to teach a 3-3 teaching load with advising, supervising, and service responsibilities related to supporting department initiatives. The College of Health Professions ( CHP ) prioritizes the core value of individual dignity and strives to promote a culture of diversity, inclusivity, and equity in a supportive learning and work environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position Responsibilities
● Teach courses in the MS program consistent with areas of knowledge and skill and department need (course modalities may include face-to-face, hybrid and online).
● Demonstrate advanced skill and judgment for relatively independent decision-making and will participate as an active team member related to course design and development.
● Advise students; deliver course content and provide timely evaluation of students.
● Serve on department, school, and university committees and engage in other forms of university service.
● Provide professional and community service in area of expertise.
● Responsibilities will include participation in relevant department planning and oversight including faculty and other administrative meetings, accreditation duties, clinical placement issues, management of student success plans, and other service activities.
● Engage in scholarly activity to enhance knowledge in counseling and counselor education as appropriate. Required Qualifications
● Earned doctorate in Counselor Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or a closely related field
● Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a professional counselor in Virginia
● Eligibility for the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor ( CRC ) credential, or willingness to achieve eligibility within a reasonable period of time
● Experiential learning through lived experiences and/or professional service that inform worldviews and/or perspectives about minority group status, to include race, age, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, religion, and disability
● Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
● Junior faculty members will be required to have an established research agenda and a clear potential for external funding, and potential for scholarship or creative expression to complement and expand existing expertise in the department
● Senior faculty members will be required to have a well-developed scholarly/research portfolio with evidence of multi-disciplinary applications and external funding appropriate to complement and expand existing expertise in the department Preferred Qualifications
- Record of effective teaching, supervision, and professional activity including both clinical and didactic courses with the potential to teach in multiple formats (face to face, hybrid, online)
- Prior experience supervising master’s level counseling trainees or credentialed/licensed as a counselor supervisor
- Direct experience in mental health counseling, substance use, and/or rehabilitation counseling
- Excellent communication, collaboration, organization, and interpersonal skills
Date Posted 07/21/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 09/25/2021 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Candidates who apply by the priority deadline of August 20, 2021 will be considered first.
If interested, please submit a curriculum vitae, cover letter, diversity statement (under the “other documents” section), and the names and contact information of three professional references via VCU eJobs at www.vcujobs.com. Please direct inquiries to Courtney Holmes (email@example.com), Associate Professor and Chair of the Search Committee. All replies will be held in strict confidence.
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion – an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence.
Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences; and past, present, and future academic and professional activities have or will contribute to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and inclusion.
Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally underrepresented groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience. Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/108073 Diversity Statement Information For more information on diversity statements, including guidelines, please click here . Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Counsellor Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond