Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
Grant Funding Source
Counsels and provides individual and group educational and vocational guidance services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists individuals to understanding and overcoming social, emotional, and developmental issues
• Coordinates with campus police, faculty, administrators, and staff to provide crisis intervention, counseling, and referral
• Develops and presents relevant wellness and/or student success seminars on campus
• Refers students to relevant community resources as needed
• Engages in research and follow-up activities to evaluate counseling techniques
• Assists with the academic advising process
• Visits area high schools to conduct seminars and presentations, or disperse college information as necessary
• Communicates, collaborates and provides consultation with faculty to increase student success
• Collects, organizes, and analyzes information about individuals through records, tests, interviews, and professional sources to appraise their interests, aptitudes, abilities, and personality characteristics, for vocational and educational planning
• Compiles and studies occupational, educational, and economic information to aid counselees in making and carrying out vocational and educational objectives
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the TCC Institute
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Master’s degree in counseling, psychology or social work
• Three (3) years of counseling experience
• Licensed Professional Counselor ( LPC ), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist ( LMFT ), Licensed Clinical Psychologist ( LCP ), or National Certified Counselor ( NCC )
*must hold an unrestricted mental health license in Texas, or if licensed in another State, must obtain an unrestricted license to practice in mental health field in Texas within one (1) year from hire date; extensions may be requested
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Counseling experience in higher education
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Experience working with computerized systems
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is a part-time position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week.
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Certification / License