Interim Associate Vice President of Student Resources, Admission and Records
Job Posting Title Interim Associate Vice President of Student Resources, Admission and Records Location Los Rios Community College District (District Office) Department Location Instruction Services Posting Number AE00495P The Institution
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
Under the direction of the Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration, the Interim Associate Vice President of Student Resources, Admission and Records, leads institutional change in support of student success. The Interim Associate Vice President of Student Resources, Admission and Records, works to continuously improve the content and delivery of educational services and programs for all students and provides leadership in developing innovative approaches to removing barriers to student success. The Interim Associate Vice President of Student Resources, Admission and Records, works closely with College Presidents, Vice Presidents, other appropriate administrators, faculty, and staff in the development and coordination of enrollment procedures and services to support student access, success, and equitable achievement across the District.
Under the direction of the Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration, the duties of the Interim Associate Vice President of Student Resources, Admission and Records, may include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as advisor to the Vice Chancellor in matters pertaining to Admission & Records and related services.
- Supervising and providing leadership and planning support to the Director of Admission and Records to develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology software for transformational and transactional services.
- Identifying and removing barriers to student access, develop sound problem-solving models, and implement effective solutions with a focus on equitable student outcomes/completion.
- Supporting districtwide targets of:
- Increasing course completion as related to the opportunity gap.
- Increasing the onboarding of all first-time, continuing and returning students.
- Increasing student degree obtainment, workforce access and
- Supporting colleges in meeting shared districtwide targets, related to student access, success, and equitable achievement.
- Cultivating a student-centered approach to providing educational services.
- Identifying areas of opportunity and implementing necessary changes to streamline and scale processes and functions to strengthen the student experience in Admission & Records.
- Creating and promoting a culture that values and prioritizes high quality service delivery for students.
- Providing district coordination and support to the colleges in providing effective enrollment procedures.
- Providing district leadership on transition efforts from high school and Adult Education to the community college.
- Participating in the coordination of dual enrollment, early college high school, and transition in pathways efforts.
- Collaborating with administrators, deans, staff, faculty, and consultants to facilitate and improve admission & records processes.
- Creating and maintaining campus partnerships with all offices whose work interconnects with that of Admission & Records to best support students.
- Promoting workplace diversity and a positive work environment.
- Ensuring the maintenance of accurate student records and files.
- Providing leadership and developing appropriate recommendations of Admission & Records models, policies, and office procedures.
- Researching, analyzing, developing and recommending processes and procedures to increase/improve operational efficiency; ensuring effective controls and regulatory compliance.
- Maintaining compliance with all federal, state, and regulatory requirements.
- Representing the colleges in local, state and regional events and activities that target improving student success.
- Working with Veterans Affairs, International Students and other activities involved in coordinating student registration.
- Recommending selection of candidates for positions in the areas of responsibility.
- Reviewing and approving administrative duties such as work schedules, conference requests, absence reports, professional growth, and evaluation of assigned staff.
- Collecting and analyzing data, preparing reports, making presentations as requested from district, state, and national authorities in support of admission and records, and related student resources.
- Coordinating and implementing the use of technology for record management and retention for all of student services and other college departments.
- Assisting in development of procedures related to petitions, evaluations and collection of data; may have responsibility for the review and disposition of student petitions requesting administrative decisions.
- Coordinating and evaluating the awarding of degrees and certificates.
- Monitoring and maintaining assigned budgets and processes.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Additional Project-specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Consultants: Engaging with consultants and addressing contractual challenges. Overseeing districtwide action plan. Monitoring progress toward milestones, targets and outcomes. Coordinating trainings, meetings and reporting. Providing updates.
- Digital Review: Reviewing digital efforts districtwide. Aligning Admission & Records software districtwide.
The administrative assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off-site work and/or hours.
The department maintains a focus on:
- Admission and Records processes.
- Ensuring effective communication with students.
- Program development.
- Collaborative communication with multiple interest groups.
- Problem solving and conflict management skills.
Work Year 12 month Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution completed by August 1, 2021.
2. Have one year of successful leadership experience in the areas of responsibility related to this position.
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
- Los Rios Community College District Administrative Application
- Letter of Interest
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested. Physical Demands Salary Salary placement determined by Los Rios salary schedule procedures. LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university.
Posting Date 07/21/2021 Closing Date 07/26/2021 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-time, Interim, Classified Management Position.
Beginning on or about August 1, 2021 through July 31, 2022. How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hour inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for a face-to-face interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement
Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/16036 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf
and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Letter of Interest
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento