Commensurate with experience
Hours per Week
Health and Kinesiology
Required Application Materials
A single PDF or Word document containing a curriculum vitae, letter of interest that addresses qualifications, professional goals, and research interest(s), and a list of three (3) professional references, with the current position and contact information for each, is required to apply.
When prompted to upload your “resume”, upload your combined documents as one file.
- Please do not upload documents to “Cover Letter” or “References”.
If the required application materials were not uploaded at the “resume” prompt, please withdraw your application and re-apply to upload your combined documents as one file.
The University of Texas at Tyler invites applications for two tenure-track Assistant / Associate Professor positions in the Department of Health and Kinesiology. One position is in the primary area of exercise physiology and the other in motor control and learning. The review of applications is ongoing and will continue until the position is filled.
Major Responsibilities/Duties/Critical Tasks
- Teach and mentor undergraduate and graduate students in kinesiology/exercise science.
- Engage in research.
- Serve the University, profession, and community.
- Be a collegial member of the Department.
Minimum Required Education/Experience
- Terminal degree in kinesiology or related field.
- Prefer experience with college-level teaching and scholarly writing; high potential for independent research and external funding of research.
- Teaching in distance education format (hybrid, online) preferred.
- Experience with statistical analysis and grant-writing.
- Preference given to applicants with post-doctoral research experience.
Accompanying Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with departmental colleagues, faculty, and other professionals in other disciplines both within and outside of UT Tyler.
- Start-up funds may be available and will be negotiated upon position offer.
About The University of Texas at Tyler
The University of Texas at Tyler is part of the prestigious University of Texas System that includes 14 institutions located throughout the state. Founded in 1971, UT Tyler today enrolls more than 10,000 students and consists of six colleges.
Our beautiful Tyler campus features more than 200 acres nestled along a lake and surrounded by thick pine and oak forests, providing a picturesque location for study and recreation. For student convenience, we also maintain regional campuses in Palestine and Longview, as well as a location in Houston.
We encourage you to visit our campus and see for yourself why UT Tyler is where you’ll feel at home—and find your best path.
The Department of Health and Kinesiology offers four undergraduate and three master’s degrees: B.S.-Health Studies, B.S.-Kinesiology (which includes options of athletic training and physical education teacher certification), B.S. in Communication Sciences and Disorders, B.A.-Wellness, M.S.-Health Sciences (with online option), M.S.-Kinesiology (with online option), and Master of Occupational Therapy (COTA bridge program). In a typical fall or spring semester, about 750 students enroll in Health and Kinesiology courses. The Department is housed in the Jean Lancaster Academic Wing of the Herrington Patriot Center on the UT Tyler main campus. The University of Texas at Tyler is an academic component of The University of Texas System and offers more than 80 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to approximately 10,000 students. Additional campuses include the UT Health Science Center at Tyler and satellite campuses in Longview and Palestine
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length. This position has the option to elect the Optional Retirement Program (ORP) instead of TRS, subject to the position being 40 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tyler
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tyler
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tyler