Evening Counselor (Part-Time)
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
We are seeking a part time, evening Counselor to provide individual personal counseling, career counseling, career assessment administration and interpretation, and job assistant counseling to students and community clients.
- Provides a proactive, multi-dimensional, career counseling and career assessment program for HCC students and community clients
- Provides short-term (12 sessions or less) personal counseling to HCC students
- Refers students needing long-term personal counseling to appropriate community services
- Assists with career infusion projects and acts as a consultant to faculty in ways to incorporate "real world of work" experiences within their curriculum
- Recommends career assessments such as Myers-Briggs, Strong, FOCUS-2 and provides interpretations and follow-up counseling to clients at the beginning of the career development/decision making process
- Assists students with resume writing, interview preparation and applying for jobs
- Assists with the tracking of job placements and counseling contacts
- Handles crisis intervention for students and provides personal counseling sessions as needed
- Develops community mental health provider linkages and puts into place a well-coordinated and effective referral network for students needing additional support services and/or long-term therapy
- Maintains counseling records and prepares monthly reports
- Assists with Academic Support, Counseling and Career Services departmental events as needed
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Will need to work evening hours and occasional weekends for special events
- Master's degree in counseling, psychology, or related area, and experience providing career counseling, and job assistance (preferably within a community college setting)
- Preference will be given to a counselor with personal counseling and crisis intervention skills
- Prefer a counselor with a minimum of NCC or LPC certification and/or eligibility for certification
- Experience with diverse populations highly desirable
Hours Per Week:3-6 hours weekly
Work Schedule: Mondays and Tuesdays (5pm-8pm) Fall and Spring
Compensation:$25.00 - $35.00/hr (depending on experience and credentials)
Grade: Part Time - No benefits
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: 8/16/21
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100.
Please submit the following:
- Completed Application (Candidates will be evaluated on completing the college's application in full)
- Cover Letter