Director of Business Operations (School of Nursing)
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) is currently recruiting for a Director of Business Operations for the department of Family and Community Health (FCH). The director is responsible for developing and achieving goals and objectives in alignment with defined strategy and supporting the overall execution of day to day operational results.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources.
- Directs day-to-day departmental operations. Recommends financial, personnel, purchasing, facility planning and/or research administration, and significant strategic decisions for Department Chair/senior professional approval.
- Achieve departmental and school objectives through the coordinated efforts of others; managing recruitment, engagement, performance, and development of employees, and financial and operational resources in compliance with departmental and school goals.
- Develop and execute standards of operations, policies, procedures, processes, and protocols to ensure compliant, effective, and efficient operations. Implement policies, procedures and programs, and ensure compliance. Keeping the department and school informed through the development of training.
- Develops, implements and manages goals and objectives in support of strategic plans.
- Participates and collaborates in long- and short-term strategic planning.
- Develops, executes, and enforces standards of operations, policies, procedures, processes, and protocols to ensure compliant, effective, and efficient operations.
- Measures operational results against established standards, making necessary adjustments.
- Participates in the oversight and preparation of financial objectives and annual budgets to include the coordination and administration of contracts, approving expenditures, analyzing variances, and presenting departmental status reporting.
- Directs procurement for the department to support strategic initiatives which includes developing, monitoring, analyzing, forecasting and reporting of expenditures.
- Directs departmental HR initiatives to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Manages operations, workflow, projects, and/or systems that have a strategic impact.
- Accountable for operational and/or financial resources, legal and policy compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, finance, marketing, accounting, human resources, or other related field. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: Seven (7) years of related experience to position required, with at least three (3) years’ experience in two of the following; human resources, payroll, finance, facility or research administration. Project planning and management experience preferred.
Supervisory Experience: Three (3) years of direct management responsibilities that involves personnel recruitment, training, and professional development related to position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of position requirements. Thorough knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thought, ideas, and facts. Ability to support a mission and strategic vision. Instructional, training, and teambuilding skills to strengthen and cultivate relationships. Skill in consultation and change management. Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply and adhere to the UMB Core Values of Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence, Leadership, and Knowledge.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at HRJobs@umaryland.edu.
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact HRDiversity@umaryland.edu. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Research Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore