Postdoctoral Fellow (PhD)
The Division of Surgical Oncology is seeking an enthusiastic Postdoctoral Fellow (PhD). Postdoctoral research fellows are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional. Under this role, the postdoctoral researchers will work in research projects involving the use of mass spectrometry and mass spectrometry imaging in biomedical and cancer research. The postdoctoral research fellow is expected to be able to perform experiments using mass spectrometry instrumentation, as well as data and statistical analysis. The fellow is also expected to lead clinical studies and participate in research involving human subjects. Additional responsibilities include interacting directly with clinicians, surgeons, and pathologists to fulfill the aims of the research projects.
- Plans, directs, and conducts advanced research experiments using mass spectrometry.
- Evaluates and analyzes mass spectrometry data.
- Performs statistical analysis.
- Establishes new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publishes results in research journals.
- Assists with grant proposal writing and progress reports.
- Assists with laboratory operations.
- Supports supervision of research staff including graduate and undergraduate students.
- Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience.
- Expertise in mass spectrometry.
- Experience with ambient ionization mass spectrometry and/or mass spectrometry imaging is desirable.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; PD
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston