Seeking an experienced professional in multiple business operations
functions such as finance, HR and reporting. This position will
directly impact the department's ability to meet strategic
objectives and goals. This role will have broad responsibility for
the Community Health Program and other business operations of the
department. This person will work in conjunction with department
leadership to plan, coordinate and direct broad and complex
financial and management functions involving the operations of the
Department of Family & Community Medicine. Supports the
financial and academic reporting needs of a rapidly expanding
division that currently has 130+ faculty clinicians staffing 12
community health centers, in-patient and OB service at BTGH, and
the provision of physician services based on multitude of contracts
- Creates a department wide system to track physician
productivity and perform routine analysis and reporting on
physician productivity and quality metrics.
- Organizes and facilitates clinical department performance
reports to faculty and other leadership monthly, quarterly or as
- Maintains the cost distributions, time and effort for the
faculty in the CHP division and ensure accuracy. Monitors a large
contract staffing plan and maintains a report of our provider full
time equivalents (FTE).
- Manages process for identifying and utilizing internal and
- Organizes and determines agenda for weekly Executive Committee
meeting to discuss issues regarding FTE allocation and operations
for the 130+ contract faculty.
- Communicates trends and issues to department leadership and
will serve as a resource for department leadership for detailed
information on issues in the Community Health Program.
- Serves as a resource for BCM related items for all Community
- Develops and manages community health program's annual budget
to achieve committed business objectives.
- Works with central service groups to facilitate proper
financial operations in the department, e.g. purchasing and
- Submits all supplemental pay with required approvals for a
department of 280 employees.
- Responsible for tracking and policy compliance for department
credit card usage.
- Writes and develops, in conjunction with the Administrator and
Business Manager, department procedures.
- Trains other employees on department and College
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public health,
management, or a related field.
- M.B.A. or Master's degree healthcare management, or in a
- Advanced experience in key clinical operating areas like
scheduling, patient flow, productivity metrics, space utilization,
and personnel supervision is required.
- Proven experience in data analysis and finance is
- Proficiency in Power BI strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.