Senior Business Operations Associate
Seeking an experienced professional in multiple business operations functions such as finance, HR and reporting. This position will directly impact the department's ability to meet strategic objectives and goals. This role will have broad responsibility for the Community Health Program and other business operations of the department. This person will work in conjunction with department leadership to plan, coordinate and direct broad and complex financial and management functions involving the operations of the Department of Family & Community Medicine. Supports the financial and academic reporting needs of a rapidly expanding division that currently has 130+ faculty clinicians staffing 12 community health centers, in-patient and OB service at BTGH, and the provision of physician services based on multitude of contracts negotiated.
- Creates a department wide system to track physician productivity and perform routine analysis and reporting on physician productivity and quality metrics.
- Organizes and facilitates clinical department performance reports to faculty and other leadership monthly, quarterly or as needed.
- Maintains the cost distributions, time and effort for the faculty in the CHP division and ensure accuracy. Monitors a large contract staffing plan and maintains a report of our provider full time equivalents (FTE).
- Manages process for identifying and utilizing internal and external locums.
- Organizes and determines agenda for weekly Executive Committee meeting to discuss issues regarding FTE allocation and operations for the 130+ contract faculty.
- Communicates trends and issues to department leadership and will serve as a resource for department leadership for detailed information on issues in the Community Health Program.
- Serves as a resource for BCM related items for all Community Health faculty.
- Develops and manages community health program's annual budget to achieve committed business objectives.
- Works with central service groups to facilitate proper financial operations in the department, e.g. purchasing and travel.
- Submits all supplemental pay with required approvals for a department of 280 employees.
- Responsible for tracking and policy compliance for department credit card usage.
- Writes and develops, in conjunction with the Administrator and Business Manager, department procedures.
- Trains other employees on department and College procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public health, management, or a related field.
- M.B.A. or Master's degree healthcare management, or in a related field.
- Advanced experience in key clinical operating areas like scheduling, patient flow, productivity metrics, space utilization, and personnel supervision is required.
- Proven experience in data analysis and finance is required.
- Proficiency in Power BI strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston