The Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers (TXCH) Research
Coordinator III is responsible for implementing and coordinating
the day to day activities of clinical research protocols on the
Solid Tumor team. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation,
organization and safety of study volunteers. Serves as a liaison
between subject, investigators, sponsors and other relevant
healthcare professionals who are part of the research or patient
- Interviews, screens and recruits patients for therapeutic and
non-therapeutic studies; performs the subject consent process for
biology, procurement and registry studies; explains processes and
procedures to educate participant regarding the research
- Attends patient visits as required by the protocol.
- Collects patient information through direct patient interviews,
questionnaires and chart abstractions; processes documents and
enters information into databases or case report forms.
- Assess patient data for compliance and serious adverse event
reporting, and initiate expeditious reviews of study data and
source documentation with the Principal Investigator as
- Collects, processes, ships, and maintains paperwork for blood
and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in
study protocol and SOPs.
- Maintains study records and regulatory documents for research
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as
laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the
- Retrieves and submit test results to appropriate party.
- Corresponds with internal and external patients throughout
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related
experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to coordinate research
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in
- Ability to understand and implement patient studies and
- Experience with computer spreadsheets and database
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.