Research Coordinator III
The Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers (TXCH) Research Coordinator III is responsible for implementing and coordinating the day to day activities of clinical research protocols on the Solid Tumor team. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of study volunteers. Serves as a liaison between subject, investigators, sponsors and other relevant healthcare professionals who are part of the research or patient care team.
- Interviews, screens and recruits patients for therapeutic and non-therapeutic studies; performs the subject consent process for biology, procurement and registry studies; explains processes and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Attends patient visits as required by the protocol.
- Collects patient information through direct patient interviews, questionnaires and chart abstractions; processes documents and enters information into databases or case report forms.
- Assess patient data for compliance and serious adverse event reporting, and initiate expeditious reviews of study data and source documentation with the Principal Investigator as warranted.
- Collects, processes, ships, and maintains paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol and SOPs.
- Maintains study records and regulatory documents for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submit test results to appropriate party.
- Corresponds with internal and external patients throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to coordinate research studies.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and implement patient studies and protocols.
- Experience with computer spreadsheets and database management.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- American Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Women's & Gender Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston