The Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine Health Sciences
Library serves the needs of medical education, biomedical research,
and library needs of Rowan Medicine. The Library is seeking an
articulate and energetic front-line leader of our Library's
centralized physical service point in the Academic Center of the
Rowan Stratford campus. Customer service, team-productivity, and
comfort with both digital and print publications and the best
practices for maximizing the use of Library materials for faculty,
physicians, and medical students.
- Supervise service point staff activities such as circulation of
library materials, service desk reference assistance, assist with
acquisitions of new and revised library materials, and supervise
- Production and placement of signage around the library.
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence that anticipates needs and
communicate with all staff to implement fair and reasonable
accommodations for library shared service point needs.
- Use a variety of library integrated systems and desktop
productivity tools to create reports and signage.
- Assist with library student employment, training, and
- Provide responsive and friendly service for medical students,
faculty, and Stratford campus Rowan staff.
- Physical labor that may involve handling library materials and
reorganizing seating in study rooms.
- Negotiable, five days per week, will include some evening and
weekend hours. The SOM Library is open seven days a week during
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years full-time or part-time work experience in customer
- Experience with responsive customer service
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence to enhance team
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Physical ability to handle library materials and arrange
seating in study rooms.
- Supervision of customer service activities
- Experience in academic library service settings
- Experience with Springhare LibGuide, LibChat, and LibAnswers
- Experience with Adobe Cloud applications to design and create
To apply for this position:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online on the Rowan
University job site. The SOM Library values the benefits of a
diverse staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender,
gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a