Library Specialist I - Supervisor Position (SOM Stratford)
The Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine Health Sciences Library serves the needs of medical education, biomedical research, and library needs of Rowan Medicine. The Library is seeking an articulate and energetic front-line leader of our Library's centralized physical service point in the Academic Center of the Rowan Stratford campus. Customer service, team-productivity, and comfort with both digital and print publications and the best practices for maximizing the use of Library materials for faculty, physicians, and medical students.
- Supervise service point staff activities such as circulation of library materials, service desk reference assistance, assist with acquisitions of new and revised library materials, and supervise interlibrary loan.
- Production and placement of signage around the library.
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence that anticipates needs and communicate with all staff to implement fair and reasonable accommodations for library shared service point needs.
- Use a variety of library integrated systems and desktop productivity tools to create reports and signage.
- Assist with library student employment, training, and scheduling.
- Provide responsive and friendly service for medical students, faculty, and Stratford campus Rowan staff.
- Physical labor that may involve handling library materials and reorganizing seating in study rooms.
- Negotiable, five days per week, will include some evening and weekend hours. The SOM Library is open seven days a week during academic semesters.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years full-time or part-time work experience in customer service settings
- Experience with responsive customer service
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence to enhance team productivity
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Physical ability to handle library materials and arrange seating in study rooms.
- Supervision of customer service activities
- Experience in academic library service settings
- Experience with Springhare LibGuide, LibChat, and LibAnswers applications
- Experience with Adobe Cloud applications to design and create publicity.
To apply for this position:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online on the Rowan University job site. The SOM Library values the benefits of a diverse staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.