Assistant Dean for Strategic Communications and Marketing
Assistant Dean for Strategic Communications and Marketing, Antonin Scalia Law School
The George Mason University, Antonin Scalia Law School invites applications for the Assistant Dean for Strategic Communications and Marketing position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Leverage expertise to build the strategic communications and marketing function and team for the law school;
- Serve as contact point for media/communications on behalf of the law school, and coordinate with University public information offices on media inquiries and public relations;
- Construct, produce, implement, and manage the overall communications efforts of the law school, monitoring resources and overall effectiveness;
- Develop strategy and construct, produce, implement, and manage communications that impact law school rankings, including but not limited to U.S. News;
- Manage the law school’s brand in unison with the University’s brand and image and provide key messaging and positioning through multi-channel communications;
- Lead the development and execution of a branding strategy and comprehensive communications plan to support strategic enrollment growth and increase local and national awareness of the law school’s educational, research, and public service activities;
- Ensure clear and consistent representation of the law school’s mission and visual identities across all media platforms;
- Advise the law school’s development team and capital campaign staff to create, manage, and promote campaign messaging and communications to increase private contributions to the law school;
- Leverage knowledge and expertise to build and supervise the law school’s marketing and communications team;
- Develop, implement, and manage integrated marketing initiatives designed to support strategic enrollment growth through targeted communications across all appropriate media platforms (i.e., print, websites, short-form video, social media);
- Develop communications strategy and messaging for admission, career services, and advancement alumni events and initiatives, including but not limited to: admitted student open houses, biennial Scalia Tribute dinners, alumni weekends, reunions, annual Judicial and Legislative reception, career services, student recruitment and retention events, bar association events, campaign signature events, and Supreme Court activities;
- In collaboration with the Dean and his leadership team and the University, ensure appropriate response to media requests on different issues;
- Supervise internal and external scheduling of communications by the law school;
- Ability to build strong partnerships within the law school, the University, and with community/external partners;
- Provide data-driven insights into all communications plans and strategies to ensure messaging is resonating with intended audiences;
- Special projects as assigned and other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Policy or a related field; or equivalent director-level experience in communications field; or JD;
- Strong oral, written, digital, and visual communication and presentation skills;
- Experience in leading and supervising a communications and marketing team;
- Experience in building brands and in designing, implementing, and evaluating strategic marketing campaigns;
- Substantial experience in developing and leading work processes between various functional units, including but not limited to, communications, information technology, academic affairs, advancement and alumni relations;
- Leadership experience in overseeing brand management, publications, advertising, social media, and strategic communications;
- Experience with HTML and/or Wordpress;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite;
- Knowledge of Google Analytics;
- Communications experience in a higher education setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA90Ez at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
For Full Consideration, Apply by: August 12, 2021
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Deans Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Arlington