The University of Maryland School of Nursing
seeking a full-time Clinical Instructor, Assistant
Professor or Associate Professor
for the department of
Organizational Systems and Adult Health. This position is
responsible for teaching courses and achieving positive program
outcomes and course objectives in the Entry into Practice
In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and
students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical
or religious reasons will be processed through Human
- Provides classroom and lab instruction that focuses on content,
method of delivery, evaluation of students, and recommendations for
curricular adjustments and modifications for entry into practice
nursing students .
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of
simulations relative to courses taught.
- Uses evidence-based best practices for educating entry into
practice students in adult health and pathophysiological concepts
- Advises and mentors entry into practice students.
- Contributes to the collaborative efforts of an
interprofessional team, serving on departmental and school
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, or DNP) preferred. Consideration
will be given to applicants with a Master's degree.
- Current Registered Nurse license to practice in the state of
Maryland or a compact state
- Experience in the clinical care of adult populations in
- Prior teaching experience is preferred