The University of Maryland School of Nursing
seeking a full-time Assistant Professor
who is doctorally
prepared for the department of Organizational Systems and Adult
Health. This position is responsible for teaching courses and
achieving positive program outcomes and course objectives in the
Entry into Practice program.
In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and
students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical
or religious reasons will be processed through Human
- Provides classroom and lab instruction that focuses on content,
method of delivery, evaluation of students, and recommendations for
curricular adjustments and modifications for entry into practice
nursing students .
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of
simulations relative to courses taught.
- Uses evidence-based best practices for educating entry into
practice students in adult health and pathophysiological concepts
- Advises and mentors entry into practice students.
- Contributes to the collaborative efforts of an
interprofessional team, serving on departmental and school
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, or DNP)
- Current Registered Nurse license to practice in the state of
Maryland or a compact state
- Experience in the clinical care of adult populations in
- Prior teaching experience is preferred