Application Deadline: Friday August 6, 2021
Salary & Benefits: Salary is $37,170.92. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Technical/Professional, Pay Grade PT2, non-exempt.
Location: Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville, FL 32606
OVERVIEW: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Santa Fe College is seeking a Graphic Designer who can assist with producing visual content and marketing materials aligned to the college brand and strategic priorities. This position is an integral part of the Marketing & Communications (MarCom) Office and reports directly to the Senior Graphic Designer of MarCom. The Graphic Designer brings professionalism and a high level of experience and technical understanding of printing techniques, layout and design to the department. This position requires the ability to effectively cross-manage multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of quality and attention to detail.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Working collaboratively to assist the Senior Graphic Designer and Director of MarCom to deliver design components that help meet the college marketing objectives.
- Supporting the entire MarCom department in being responsive with advertising, promotional efforts and developing materials for recruitment.
- Working with stakeholders around the college to develop marketing publications and materials.
- Contributing ideas and concepts to help determine effective product selection and design of print media, signage, promotional and marketing items.
- Managing multiple assigned design projects with evolving priorities and quick deadlines, by utilizing project management software and coordinating with teammates as needed.
- Systematically storing files on a common server for easy retrieval by the entire team.
- Helping to maintain catalog of college logos and licensed images for the college.
- Helping to communicate brand guidelines and assist in the approval process for design submissions, including proper use of logos and branding elements.
- Stay abreast of current trends in design.
- Writing accurate printing specifications for competitive bids, as well as sending print-ready files to vendors.
- Providing service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Senior Graphic Designer
Required Qualifications: An Associate's degree and at least four years of closely related work experience in design and digital media or related work experience and/or education in the form of completion of a degree or industry certification equal to 6 years.
Additional Requirements: Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud programs, show expertise in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro and Dropbox. Strong knowledge of the printing process. A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation and Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Organization and Time Management – able to plan, schedule, organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Multi-task - able to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Systems and Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, a letter of intent, unofficial transcripts, a link to portfolio, as well as an up-to-date resume to be considered for this position. College transcripts should be submitted to confirm academic qualifications. If you do not have college transcripts, a high school diploma or equivalent must be uploaded as unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts must be submitted prior to any employment offer when academic credentials are the basis for meeting minimum qualifications. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes.