Campus Events Specialist 999518
THIS POSITION IS OPEN FOR CURRENT XAVIER EMPLOYEES ONLY
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal art and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission . We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier's Physical Plant department is seeking a Campus Events Specialist. Key responsibilities include:
- Direct the planning, scheduling and coordinating of all room conversions and campus moves with an emphasis on client satisfaction.
- Direct and execute the preparations established to perform campus wide events and adapt to every event detail that may arise.
- Coordinate, plan, and schedule various campus moves including but not limited to office relocations, furniture pick up, deliveries, and equipment relocation; manage contract movers or Physical Plant staff for large moves as well as manage and oversee Campus Moves budget.
- General maintenance and operation of university buildings and grounds:
- Plan and execute changing of pole banners throughout campus.
- Manage all inventory including dorm furniture, office furniture, and event material also renting and scheduling of equipment for events from outside vendors.
- Manage and maintain Box and lift truck. During slow moves and events periods events specialists assist with grounds work including but not limited to snow and ice removal, grass mowing and trimming, and weed control and mulch work.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by August 3, 2021 . Candidates are asked to include their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
External applicants will not be considered for this position.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati