Bicycle Maint. & Mechanic Instructor
Bicycle Maintenance & Mechanic Instructor - Part Time
Olive-Harvey College is looking for a part-time Bicycle Maintenance and Mechanics Instructor to join our team. The ideal candidate should have a deep knowledge and understanding of bicycle repair as well as an ability to clearly communicate this knowledge. Experience in bicycle mechanics, diagnosing, and repairing common problems is required. The Bicycle Maintenance and Mechanics Instructor will work with the Olive-Harvey College Continuing Education Department, as well as internal and external partners to develop the program as an entryway into employment opportunities.
- Ability to teach flat tire repair, brake adjustments, headset, hub and bottom bracket overhaul, wheel truing, and evaluation of frame damage.
- Evaluate students work, track attendance, and complete all necessary paperwork for program to be successful.
- Develop and implement an appropriate and engaging curriculum. Ability to teach using different methods and teaching styles.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of bike repair and/or bike mechanic teaching experience.
- Knowledgeable in cup-and-cone bearing systems as well as more modern systems.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!