Data Strategist (Part-Time)
DATA STRATEGIST (Part-Time)
The Data Strategist (Part-Time) position plays a significant role in institutionalizing a continuous improvement and performance-based culture at Harry S Truman College, and ensuring fact-based accountability at program, employee and system-levels.
Under general supervision, and reporting directly to the Director of Research and Planning, this position provides strategic data analysis and institutional research support, monitoring metrics from various data sources, developing and facilitating the tracking of leading performance indicators, and supporting the college in the strategic use of data.
- Provides research and analytic support to increase and improve institutional effectiveness and performance.
- Conduct strategic data analysis, identify insights and implications from institutional data and make strategic recommendations to executive and senior staff.
- Develop data displays that clearly communicate complex analyses to multiple audiences, including executive and senior staff.
- Facilitate performance metric monitoring: monitor District and college strategic metrics through performance dialog forums.
- Work with staff at different levels of the organization to create metrics, set goals and conduct analyses; use operational data in real time to develop and execute action plans focused on improving institutional practices, policies, procedures and ultimately student success.
- Build structures, tools and routines to institutionalize a data-driven culture of student success.
- Work cross-functionally across the organization: maintain cross-functional visibility across all departments to help push strategic initiatives forward and surface critical issues.
- Provide ongoing oversight and support to management and decision making to ensure that measures are being used to effectively manage operations and effect institutional change.
- Develop and refine institutional data capacity through knowledge sharing: facilitate regular reviews with district/college team; synthesize and share key insights across projects.
- Develop and refine institutional data capacity through capacity building: Help staff use data in real-time, lead data capacity building trainings on data literacy. Support development tools, templates, and reports that address the needs of building data capacity across CCC.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, business, mathematics, economics public policy; social work or a related field of study.
- At least one year of relevant research experience, with demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods and statistics.
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration based on the applicant’s credentials
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products (especially Excel)
- Experience in the development of performance metrics and continuous improvement systems and tools highly desirable
- Experience in quantitative statistical analysis highly desirable.
- Experience or familiarity with statistical analysis software (e.g., SPPS or SAS) is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with Access and SQL data query skills is a plus
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!