DATA STRATEGIST (Part-Time)
The Data Strategist (Part-Time) position plays a significant role
in institutionalizing a continuous improvement and
performance-based culture at Harry S Truman College, and ensuring
fact-based accountability at program, employee and
Under general supervision, and reporting directly to the Director
of Research and Planning, this position provides strategic data
analysis and institutional research support, monitoring metrics
from various data sources, developing and facilitating the tracking
of leading performance indicators, and supporting the college in
the strategic use of data.
- Provides research and analytic support to increase and improve
institutional effectiveness and performance.
- Conduct strategic data analysis, identify insights and
implications from institutional data and make strategic
recommendations to executive and senior staff.
- Develop data displays that clearly communicate complex analyses
to multiple audiences, including executive and senior staff.
- Facilitate performance metric monitoring: monitor District and
college strategic metrics through performance dialog forums.
- Work with staff at different levels of the organization to
create metrics, set goals and conduct analyses; use operational
data in real time to develop and execute action plans focused on
improving institutional practices, policies, procedures and
ultimately student success.
- Build structures, tools and routines to institutionalize a
data-driven culture of student success.
- Work cross-functionally across the organization: maintain
cross-functional visibility across all departments to help push
strategic initiatives forward and surface critical issues.
- Provide ongoing oversight and support to management and
decision making to ensure that measures are being used to
effectively manage operations and effect institutional change.
- Develop and refine institutional data capacity through
knowledge sharing: facilitate regular reviews with district/college
team; synthesize and share key insights across projects.
- Develop and refine institutional data capacity through capacity
building: Help staff use data in real-time, lead data capacity
building trainings on data literacy. Support development tools,
templates, and reports that address the needs of building data
capacity across CCC.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in
a quantitative discipline such as statistics, business,
mathematics, economics public policy; social work or a related
field of study.
- At least one year of relevant research experience, with
demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative research
methods and statistics.
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into
consideration based on the applicant’s credentials
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
products (especially Excel)
- Experience in the development of performance metrics and
continuous improvement systems and tools highly desirable
- Experience in quantitative statistical analysis highly
- Experience or familiarity with statistical analysis software
(e.g., SPPS or SAS) is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with Access and SQL data query skills
is a plus
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!