Tenure Track Faculty - Pediatric Nursing
TENURE TRACK FACULTY - PEDIATRIC NURSING
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking a Full-Time Faculty member to teach Pediatrics. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving. Pediatric courses include both didactic theory in the classroom setting and clinical rotations conducted n the field.
The mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and professional achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the following core values: accountability, community, diversity, empowerment, learning, and respect.
The City Colleges of Chicago delivers exceptional learning opportunities and educational services for diverse student populations in Chicago. We enhance knowledge, understanding skills, collaboration, community service, and life -long learning by providing a broad range of quality, affordable courses, program, and services to prepare students for success in a technologically advanced and increasingly interdependent global society. We work proactively to eliminate barriers to employment and to address and overcome casual factors underlying socioeconomic disparities and inequities of access and graduation in higher education.
Expected compensation rate: $75,000 for MSN - $78,000 for DNP
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Completed M.S.N. degree, doctorate in nursing preferred (DNP or PhD) and current unencumbered Illinois RN license.
- Two-years experience in Pediatrics.
- Minimum of one year of college-level teaching experience preferred in the field of nursing and one year of recent clinical nursing practice.
When applying, please attach your unofficial transcripts and a one-page teaching philosophy. Be sure to include any scholarship work, publications, committee work, and other relevant engagements.
Application accepted through July 15, 2021
We Offer: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long-term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
For the second time in three years, Malcolm X College was selected as a Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges award winner! The award is given by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD), a membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching and leadership at community and technical colleges, and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, a leading academic publication. MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working environments, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!