Executive Director, Corporate College and Student Job Placement
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Executive Director, Corporate College and Student Job Placement directs Lone Star Corporate College's business development and sales for employer incumbent worker customized training and professional development courses and programs, as well as Job Placement for LSC students. As principal director, he/she will also lead Lone Star College's job development activities. In collaboration with the Senior Associate Vice Chancellor of External and Employer Relations, develops policies and procedures to support training and job development activities, and represents Lone Star College and Lone Star Corporate College. Responsible for budget planning and resource allocation for responsible ar e a s . Typ i cally makes strateg ic process le v el and interpretive decisions .
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads the business development and sales activities with new and current Corporate College clients, including client relations and proposals
- Oversees the direction of sales team and Lone Star College student job development personnel, customized training implementation, customized training instructional design, professional development offerings for working professionals, and the Lone Star College Transportation & Global Logistics Tech Center. Continuously reviews, analyzes, and evaluates areas’ operations seeking opportunities for improvement by expanding or modifying operations as needed
- Responsible for benchmarking, and developing and meeting appropriate metrics and reporting for Lone Star Corporate College, Student Job Development, Open Enrollment, Professional Development, TWC Skills Development Fund programs to include financial, student and course data
- Guides the Student Job Development team's relationship building efforts with external industry partners and internal instructional and student service colleagues
- In collaboration with Sr. Associate Vice Chancellor – Office of External & Employer Relationships (OEER), sets policies and guiding principles to generate and track revenue and expenses
- In collaboration with Sr. Associate Vice Chancellor of OEER, responsible for representing Lone Star College and Lone Star Corporate College in external functions and business development activities
- Ensures compliance with all applicable internal and external rules, regulations, guidelines, and contractual requirements, as well as with LSC policies and procedures
- Responsible for meeting assigned sales metrics of at least $2.5 million for Customized Training (some funded by TWC SDF funds), Professional Development/Open Enrollment courses and conference center room rentals
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Corporate sales background, selling services in particular
- Strong working knowledge of database, spreadsheet and project management software
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform a wide variety of projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate vision and motivate people to implement vision
- Ability to effectively and professionally be involved with community and business/industry constituents at all levels
- Knowledge of professional development training, certifications, and credentials needed in the workplace
- Ability to act as an entrepreneur in seeking new partnerships and clients
- Working knowledge of Client Relation Management (CRM) systems
- Strong supervision, problem solving, and team building skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Some travel is required to other LSC campus locations, as well as to state and regional meetings and professional associations
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years of related sales and/or corporate training experience, to include at least 3 years in a Manager- or Director-level position, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with high-level clients from major companies located in the U.S
- Experience with developing external clients and outside sales
- Experience managing or generating at least a $1 million operating budget
- Experience with selling services in a Business to Business environment
- At least 10 years of related work experience
- Manufacturing, professional services or IT corporate experience
- Experience training or teaching
- Experience owning a small business
- Master’s degree
- Experience with Salesforce CRM software
Hiring salary range is $99,340 - $114,241
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah