Student Affairs Coordinator
Bellarmine University is a dynamic, growing university with a strong liberal arts focus in the Catholic higher education tradition and a bold vision for the future. Bellarmine has undergraduate and graduate enrollment of nearly 3,500 students and continues to add new academic programs while maintaining small class sizes and personal attention to students. Bellarmine is listed in The Princeton Review's Best 385 Colleges, is one of the top 20 Southern regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's 2019 college rankings and is a top university in Forbes' list of America's best colleges. In a survey by The Princeton Review, students praised Bellarmine as a place that is "welcoming to every single person and makes an effort to include everyone." Bellarmine students, faculty and staff engage in more than 25,000 cumulative hours of service each year, in Louisville and around the nation and world. In the Fall of 2020, Bellarmine's 22 athletic teams joined the NCAA Division I ASUN Conference.
Bellarmine is located on a scenic 145-acre campus in the Highlands neighborhood and 46+ acres off-campus in Louisville, KY, which Forbes recently recognized as a "Top 15 City" for affordable living and National Geographic calls one of the "Best Small Cities in the U.S." Louisville is within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population.
Bellarmine is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Bellarmine is committed to core values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Bellarmine will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of its increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential.
The Department of Student Affairs invites applications for the position of Student Affairs Coordinator. This is a 12-month, full time, hourly position with office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. This position may occasionally be asked to work additional hours on evenings and weekends to complete important tasks or support Student Affairs events. This position reports to the Associate Dean of Students.
The Coordinator will play a vital role in the delivery of services for New Student Programs, Family outreach, Retention efforts, Students of Concern, Student Conduct, and Assessment. This position also has responsibilities including the recruitment, training, and supervision of student employees and oversight of operations for the student food pantry. The Coordinator provides administrative support for the Associate Vice President (AVP), Dean of Students' Office, Director of Orientation, New Student and Family Programs, and Title IX Coordinator.
- Provide administrative support for AVP, Dean of
Students, Associate Dean of Students, Director of
Orientation, New Student and Family Programs, and Title IX
- Welcome and greet students, visitors and guests and direct to appropriate offices
- Answer and direct incoming telephone calls to appropriate offices
- Schedule appointments/meetings; manage calendars and appointments
- Type correspondence, reports, maintain and update data
- Send daily notices to faculty on behalf students with medical related absences
- Maintain website content and promotional materials
- Inventory and order supplies as necessary
- Process financials and record keeping as needed
- Hire, train, supervise, and delegate duties to student employees for Office of Student Affairs; including providing student leadership development opportunities and employment reviews
- Communicate daily with students, faculty, and staff through Beacon/Early Alert Process.
- Collaborate on communications to parents and families via newsletters and Facebook group.
- Assist in the coordination and maintenance of Student Conduct
- Create conduct paperwork/files and maintain conduct database
- Coordinate student meetings and hearings, as directed by the Associate Dean of Students
- Perform conduct checks for campus partners and external parties
- Attend hearings and serve as recorder
- Assist with communicating between various University departments for edits and updates to the annual edition of the Student Handbook with the Associate Dean of Students.
- Coordinate, schedule, and run the Traffic Appeals committee meetings and communicate with appellants.
- Serve on the emergency aid working group, communicate with students, and process payments.
- Coordinate the Knight's Pantry (supplemental food pantry for students)
- Coordinate Commuter Student Support
- Delivering on programs to support retention and persistence of commuters
- Creating and disseminating biweekly commuter newsletter and maintain contact list
- Oversight of commuter locker assignments
- Delegation of commuter lounge & kitchen maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required. In process of attaining or attained Master's degree in student affairs, higher education, or similar credential preferred.
- Must have excellent administrative and computer skills/experience, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Access/Excel/PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook).
- Strong attention to detail, with good organizational and interpersonal communication skills are necessary to handle multiple assignments, while accommodating walk-ins and emergent student issues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interest and effectiveness in working with college students is required.
Bellarmine University is committed to core values of diversity, equity and inclusion and embraces diversity in our workforce among members of faculty, staff and administration. We remain committed to affirmative actions, policies, procedures and attitudes necessary to continue to build and retain a diverse and equitable workforce. We will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of our increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential. As part of Bellarmine's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, we will seek to ensure that all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, job assignment, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, layoff and termination processes remain free of discrimination based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references as well as complete the online application by clicking on the appropriate link in this posting. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.