Faculty Healthcare Finance & Economics
SPH seeks a full-time faculty member for the Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) program with experience in financial management, economics, and/or quantitative methods. Healthcare experience in practice or research is preferred. Instructs 4-6 graduate level courses per year (e.g., Healthcare Economics, Finance, Quantitative Methods in Healthcare Management, and Accounting) using both face to face and online modalities. Produce research or practice activities that are industry-related and align with the school’s strategic focus areas. Advise and mentor graduate students.
The Faculty’s responsibility encompasses education, research, and/or service. Demonstrates loyalty to the mission, policies, standards, and regulations of his/her department, school, and the University, and follows the administrative policies set up by the University and the individual school. Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum of Doctoral Degree from an accredited institution required
- Professional certification, licensure or registration as appropriate
- Knowledge of current technology and educational media used in teaching and presentations
- Able to effectively communicate changes and instructions in a professional, effective and positive manner
- Able speak in English with professional quality
- Think critically; manage multiple assignments effectively; organize and prioritize workload; able to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others; work calmly and respond courteously when under pressure
- Able to distinguish colors as necessary; hear sufficiently for general conversation in person and on the telephone, and identify and distinguish various sounds associated with the workplace; see adequately to read computer screens, and written documents necessary to the position.
Loma Linda University Health is a Seventh-day Adventist, faith and values based Christian institution. Candidates must understand and embrace the mission, purpose, and identity of Loma Linda and its affiliated entities.
Our mission is to continue the teaching and healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our core values are compassion, excellence, humility, integrity, justice, teamwork and wholeness.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity. We provide equal opportunities in all aspects of the employment process to every individual, regardless of gender, race, color, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Faculty Healthcare Finance & Economics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly