Head Women's Basketball Coach
Haverford College invites applications for our available full time, exempt, benefit eligible Head Women's Basketball Coach position.
This position reports to the Director of Athletics and carries responsibility for all aspects of a competitive Division III Women's Basketball program including but not limited to: planning and executing all practices, game day coaching, recruitment of qualified student-athletes, scheduling, budget management, fundraising activities and adhering to all NCAA, Conference and College rules. Additional administrative duties will be assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct practices and games
- Enforce departmental policies and team rules as to travel and conduct both on and off the field
- Supervise and Evaluate Assistant Coaches
- Maintain liaison with college and athletic administrators, support staff (trainers/SID/S&C/Facilities Director/etc.) and the faculty liaison
- All Full Time athletic personnel must attend monthly College Administrative Professional Staff meetings, athletic staff meetings as scheduled, weekly athletic logistics meetings, other special college meetings as announced, and Conference meetings
- Adherence to all regulations of the College, Centennial Conference, and NCAA
- Demonstrate success in the recruiting of student athletes who meet both the academic and athletic standards of Haverford College and its Women's Basketball Program
- Operate within a budget that covers all operational costs of the program. Additional team fundraising activities, as approved by the Athletic Director, may be overseen to supplement special team gear and/or trips
- Represent Haverford at all times in a professional manner including dealings with officials and opposing coaches
- Continued and consistent communication with alumnae
- Scheduling of all non-conference opponents in a manner that meets both budgetary and competitive goals
- Support of community service programs for student athletes
- 1st Aid, CPR, AED Certified
Other Duties As Assigned : Such assignments will be made by and discussed with the Director of Athletics.
Line of Reports : The Head Women's Basketball Coach reports directly to the Director of Athletics.
Essential or Non-essential Employee:
This status determines for the identification, treatment of time, and use of “Essential Personnel” during campus emergencies, including those that dictate suspension of services and/or closure of operations, i.e. inclement weather. During an emergency, Essential Personnel are required to be on campus in order to provide services that relate directly to the health, safety, and welfare of the College, ensure continuity of key operations, and maintain and protect College's properties.
☐This is an Essential employee role
☒This is a Non-essential employee role
Education, Training & Experience:
A Bachelor's degree and 1st Aid/CPR/AED certification are required. Three to five years of prior coaching and recruiting experience in basketball at the college level is required. A Master's degree strongly desired.
- Ability to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 child abuse clearances
- Ability to be available for evening and weekend games and events
- Valid U.S. drivers' license and ability to pass a motor vehicle record check
- Priority will be given to candidates who currently hold the First Aid, CPR and AED certifications; should the final candidate not currently hold those certifications, they will be provided an opportunity to obtain them in the first 30 days of employment
- All faculty and staff (including contract workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds)Up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds):Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds):Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds):Up to three hours
- Pulling (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction) :Up to three hours
- Pushing (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction) :Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body):Up to three hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position):3-6 hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position):3-6 hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees):6-8 hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees):Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground):Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces):Up to three hours
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary):3-6 hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.):3-6 hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures):3-6 hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply : Interested applicants should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names of three (3) references, as a single Word document or pdf, by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Head-Women-s-Basketball-Coach_R313 . The application deadline is August 3, 2021. Failure to provide the required documentation may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Haverford
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Haverford
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Haverford
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Haverford
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Haverford