The Leeds School of Business
encourages applications for a
Social Media Manager
! This position will bring a
results-oriented and creative approach to take the social media at
Leeds School of Business from good to phenomenal. With a
self-starter demeanor and a strong affinity for all-things-social
media, this person will supervise the main channels for the
department. Duties will include planning, generating and publishing
social content across several current (and future) channels. The
successful candidate will also have a flair for customer service,
developing and encouraging a strong sense of community across
social media as the community manager. Bringing their passion, they
will additionally support partners throughout the school who manage
social media accounts, ensuring branding and continuity is
maintained. In addition, responsibilities will include supporting
Leeds website maintenance, providing web edits and page publishing
in collaboration with the Director of Marketing at the
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Leeds is on a trajectory to become one of our nation’s preeminent
business schools. Through a culture centered on integrity and
excellence, Leeds is dedicated to producing innovative, principled
business leaders who are equipped to drive value, graduates who
possess the analytical abilities and skills needed to succeed in a
globally competitive marketplace, and students who are nurtured in
academic programs by top-tier faculty and staff.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Identify, onboard, and manage a social media management
- Drive monthly social media planning across all of Leeds owned
- Build, schedule, and manage the social media content calendar
- Serve as the community manager for the main Leeds School of
Business social channels – respond to messages, and actively
increase engagement within the Leeds community.
- Manage paid social advertising related to reputation and
- Research and keep up on relevant trends in social media related
to higher education.
- Pull and analyze data and analytics and build monthly reports
- Build and lead all aspects of a federated governance structure
model to manage social media throughout the school. This includes
working with partners across the organization that handle their own
channels to build a system to procure featured content for the main
channels and support continuity, branding, and best-practices
across the school.
What We Can Offer
- Support the rest of the marketing team in content needs by
assisting with web updates, including editing and publishing
content and pages on the website using the Drupal CMS system.
- Manage web updates from users, including changes to bio pages,
- Support the Director of Marketing with additional website
- Research and keep up on relevant trends to website design and
user experience related to higher education.
- The salary range for this position is $46,000 - $58,000
- Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be Creative. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or combination
of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a marketing, social media, or
- Previous experience drafting social media posts for a
What We Would Like You To Have
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, coordinate and
- Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) expertise.
- Google Suite (Sheets, Docs) expertise.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- A deep passion and early adopter of social media platforms,
willing to explore best use cases.
- Promotes crafting an inclusive environment to reflect our
values and vision at Leeds.
- Bachelor’s degree specifically in marketing, advertising,
communications, or related field.
- Previous experience with a social media posting platform
(Social Studio, Hootsuite, Sprout, Falcon, or similar).
- Experience leading multiple social platforms and governing
social media users across an organization.
- Experience working with a CMS system like Drupal, WordPress,
Joomla or similar.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
- PDF sample of work/portfolio (optional)
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 3, 2021
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: