Social Media Manager
The Leeds School of Business encourages applications for a Social Media Manager ! This position will bring a results-oriented and creative approach to take the social media at Leeds School of Business from good to phenomenal. With a self-starter demeanor and a strong affinity for all-things-social media, this person will supervise the main channels for the department. Duties will include planning, generating and publishing social content across several current (and future) channels. The successful candidate will also have a flair for customer service, developing and encouraging a strong sense of community across social media as the community manager. Bringing their passion, they will additionally support partners throughout the school who manage social media accounts, ensuring branding and continuity is maintained. In addition, responsibilities will include supporting Leeds website maintenance, providing web edits and page publishing in collaboration with the Director of Marketing at the school.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Leeds is on a trajectory to become one of our nation’s preeminent business schools. Through a culture centered on integrity and excellence, Leeds is dedicated to producing innovative, principled business leaders who are equipped to drive value, graduates who possess the analytical abilities and skills needed to succeed in a globally competitive marketplace, and students who are nurtured in academic programs by top-tier faculty and staff.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Identify, onboard, and manage a social media management platform.
- Drive monthly social media planning across all of Leeds owned social channels.
- Build, schedule, and manage the social media content calendar across channels.
- Serve as the community manager for the main Leeds School of Business social channels – respond to messages, and actively increase engagement within the Leeds community.
- Manage paid social advertising related to reputation and recruiting.
- Research and keep up on relevant trends in social media related to higher education.
- Pull and analyze data and analytics and build monthly reports and recommendations.
- Build and lead all aspects of a federated governance structure model to manage social media throughout the school. This includes working with partners across the organization that handle their own channels to build a system to procure featured content for the main channels and support continuity, branding, and best-practices across the school.
- Support the rest of the marketing team in content needs by assisting with web updates, including editing and publishing content and pages on the website using the Drupal CMS system.
- Manage web updates from users, including changes to bio pages, CVs, etc.
- Support the Director of Marketing with additional website needs.
- Research and keep up on relevant trends to website design and user experience related to higher education.
What We Can Offer
- The salary range for this position is $46,000 - $58,000 annually.
- Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Creative. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a marketing, social media, or communications professional.
- Previous experience drafting social media posts for a brand/company/organization.
What You Will Need
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, coordinate and collaborate.
- Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) expertise.
- Google Suite (Sheets, Docs) expertise.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- A deep passion and early adopter of social media platforms, willing to explore best use cases.
- Promotes crafting an inclusive environment to reflect our values and vision at Leeds.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Bachelor’s degree specifically in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field.
- Previous experience with a social media posting platform (Social Studio, Hootsuite, Sprout, Falcon, or similar).
- Experience leading multiple social platforms and governing social media users across an organization.
- Experience working with a CMS system like Drupal, WordPress, Joomla or similar.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
- PDF sample of work/portfolio (optional)
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 3, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder