The Environmental Engineering Microbiology Lab encourages applications for a Postdoctoral Associate ! This position will focus on the characterization and control of bioaerosols – both indoors and out.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Mark Hernandez is the S. J. Archuleta Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering. He directs the Environmental Engineering Microbiology and Disinfection Lab at CU Boulder. This lab focuses on the characterization and control of microbiological air pollution and microbially induced corrosion. The lab develops genetic, biochemical, and toxicological techniques to assess the efficacy of engineering interventions in sectors of sanitary engineering and industrial hygiene that are relevant to environmental health. There is a special focus on aerobiology science for wide-area surveillance, indoor cleaning technology, and the design of aerosol disinfection systems in the built environment.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Organize and execute aerosol/surficial sampling campaigns in high density public spaces.
- Organize and execute lab-based studies for microbial persistence and response to classic and novel disinfectants.
- Curate environmental samples for high-throughput genomic analyses.
- Execute and interpret genomic analyses of microbial community structures from a broad range of environmental settings.
- Prepare manuscripts for archival journals.
- Present results for graduate audiences in classrooms, seminars, and conference settings.
What You Should Know
A background investigation will be required in accordance with the Boulder Campus Background-Check Policy.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position will be $60,000 per year.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Engaged. Be Unique. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- The successful candidate will have a recent Ph.D. (last 12 months) in Environmental Engineering with expertise in microbial genomics, molecular ecology, and bioinformatics as applied to environmental systems.
- Fundamental science training (BS or MS) in Ecology and/or Evolutionary Biology is required, as is a history of archival publications in the microbial ecology field.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
If you are selected as the finalist, your degree will be verified by the CU Boulder Campus Human Resources department using an approved online vendor. If your degree was obtained outside of the United States, please submit a translated version (if applicable) as an optional attachment.
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for one reference who will be contacted to provide a letter of recommendation immediately after you apply.
Please apply by July 23, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Geology & Earth Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder