Business Associate, Office of the Arts
Business Services Coordinator
Business Associate, Office of the Arts
Cultural Arts - 30485
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
UNCW’s Office of the Arts inspires the UNCW campus and the Wilmington community, curating diverse and distinctive cultural programming to shine a spotlight on the intellectual life of the campus. Arts programming at UNCW is international in scope with a focus on artists from North Carolina and the coastal south. Performances and residencies encourage connection among people and across disciplines, including the five academic arts departments and all four colleges of the university. We cultivate the curiosity of UNCW’s students, faculty, staff, and community through our shared commitment to creative inquiry, critical thinking, and thoughtful expression. UNCW’s Office of the Arts provides coordination for cultural arts activities campus-wide including UNCW Presents. The office provides management and oversight to the operations of UNCW’s performance venues (Kenan Auditorium and Cultural Arts Building.) We serve as liaison with local, regional, state and national entities, organizations and artists in establishing effective partnerships, highlighting the cultural profile of the institution.
Community Engagement - 30400 College
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to the integration of teaching, mentoring, research and service. Widely acknowledged for its world-class faculty and staff and continuously recognized at a national level for scholarly excellence and affordability, UNCW offers a powerful academic experience that stimulates creative inquiry and critical thinking and a community rich in diversity, inclusion and global perspectives.
A public institution with nearly 18,000 students, UNCW offers a full range of baccalaureate- and graduate-level programs, as well as doctoral degrees in educational leadership, marine biology, nursing practice and psychology; and many distance learning options, including clinical research, an accelerated RN-to- BSN program, an Executive M.B.A. program structured for working professionals, and the nation’s only bachelor’s degree program focused on coastal engineering.
The university’s efforts to advance research and scholarly activities have earned UNCW the elevated designation of “Doctoral Universities: High Research Activity” institution (R2 University) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
UNCW has been part of the University of North Carolina System since 1969.
Location of Workplace
Main UNCW Campus
Brief Summary of Work for this Position
The Business Services Coordinator provides:
• Overall fiscal monitoring and reports for management for Kenan Auditorium box office ticket sales, Kenan Auditorium rentals, UNCW presents programming, and general fund accounting
• Responsible for entering pay assignments for temps, students, and independent contractors, ensuring that each type of employee is properly paid
• Track revenues and expenses for UNCW Presents, Cultural Arts, and Kenan Auditorium. Must provide budget information for forecasting cash flow and expenditures. Reconciles transactions for p-card purchases in WORKS
• Provide customer service as contact for billing questions for on-campus as well as off-campus organizations utilizing UNCW arts facilities
• Executes all financial processes including, but not limited to external and internal invoices, purchase orders, check requests, travel authorizations, reimbursements, and event reconciliations
• Responsible for the provision of office resources for the Office of the Arts to do its work, including computer software, office supplies, and information regarding general UNCW policies and procedures
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of training and experience
All degrees must be received from an appropriately accredited institution
Preferred education, professional skills and experience
- An ability to obtain, compile, and interpret data in order to
provide analytical support
- Demonstrated strong Microsoft Excel skills, including,
experience with formulas and pivot tables
- An ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of tasks and
meet deadlines in a timely fashion
- Be able to work independently
- An ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with all levels of university administration,
faculty, staff, and students
- A dedication to providing timely and effective customer
- Three to five years of business or public administration work
experience in a university or non-profit setting (fund accounting
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner or demonstrated experience on a
similar scale ERP system with an ability to quickly and effectively
learn various university software systems
Required Certifications or licensure
$37,170 - $44,784
1.0 (40 hours per week)
Months Per Year
Monday - Friday, with occasional weekend days
8:00AM - 5:00PM, with occasional evening hours
Type of Position
Anticipated Ending Date if Time-Limited
Job Posting Date
Posting Close Date
Special Notes to Applicants
PLEASE NOTE : This posting will close at 11:59PM (Eastern time) on the posted closing date. To receive full consideration, please be sure you have fully completed the entire application before you apply for this position. Failure to answer all required questions will cause the system to disqualify your application.
For more info/to apply visit http://jobs.uncw.edu. Applications must be submitted through the online application system to be considered.
You will be required to attach a cover letter and resume to successfully apply for this position. To receive full consideration, please be sure you have completed the ‘Work History’ section of the application before you apply for this position.
This position is being recruited at the Journey level. If no applicants apply who meet the required competency and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
At the University of North Carolina at Wilmington ( UNCW ), our culture reflects our values of inclusion, diversity, globalization, ethics and integrity and innovation and we are committed to providing equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs. UNCW believes that embracing the unique contributions of our faculty, staff and students is critical to our success and paramount in being recognized for our global mindset.
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. UNC Wilmington participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
External Link to Posting
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 Professional References
- Curriculum Vita
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity with UNC Wilmington
- UNCW Website
- UNCW Facebook Page
- UNCW Linkedin Page
- UNCW Twitter Account
- UNCW Employee Referral
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Inside Higher Ed
- North Carolina Job Network
- Women In Higher Education
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Arts Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington