Maryville Apprenticeship - Community Engagement Apprentice
Job Summary/Basic Function
Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) works with the St. Louis and Maryville communities to engage people and raise funds to support the University's mission and vision. The Community Engagement Apprentice will participate in the following activities: project-based professional development, community engagement and research.
• Gain practical work experience within your degree field toward career readiness
• Earn internship credit
• Build your professional network
• Earn compensation
Project-Based Professional Development
• Professional development will allow for hands-on learning about sales/sponsorships, event planning, relationship building, marketing and economic development. The apprentice will plan an off-campus spring fundraiser from beginning to end. Responsibilities will include identifying event sponsors, working with and developing a diverse committee, working with DAR and IMC on marketing materials, developing a social media plan, and planning event logistics.
• The apprentice will seek opportunities to spread the word about both Kids Rock Cancer and Walker Clinic in the community through partner events (with other organizations), speaking engagements and networking events.
• The apprentice will develop a list of potential local and national partnerships for both Walker Clinic and Kids Rock Cancer to include: organizations, physicians, media, presentation opportunities (conferences, research) etc. in collaboration with supervisor, design a series of action plans for each prospect.
• Minimum 2.5 GPA
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree
• Positive attitude and eager to learn Growth mindset
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: July 20, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Human Development & Family Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur