Maryville Apprenticeship - Network Services
Job Summary/Basic Function
Network Services' main responsibility is connectivity for the University. This includes all Data and Voice communication, Server and Network infrastructure, as well as all IT Security initiatives. The goal of the department is to maintain high availability of all systems as well as maintaining a highly secure environment. Part of these initiatives is to stay on top of current information technology trends. The Apprentice will assist in some daily tasks that are performed by network services. Some of the tasks will include, but not limited to; account management, security remediation, network monitoring, wireless analysis, application development, and research.
• Gain practical work experience within your degree field toward career readiness
• Earn internship credit
• Build your professional network
• Earn compensation
• Gain Information Technology skills that will be beneficial in their career
• Gain a base knowledge of a working Information Technology department learning not just technical skills but project/communication skills
• Assist with the advancement of the University's systems
• Account Management - verify setup of new and transitioned employees.
• Security Remediation - monitor security alerts and apply appropriate responses. Learn skills to help provide support so as to help protect employee and student data.
• Network/Server Monitoring - monitor the university data network and server infrastructure and isolate issues. Learn the setup of a University infrastructure that can be used in potential career path
• Wireless Analysis - Monitor the wireless infrastructure and isolate issues. Wifi is constantly being modified to provide a better experience for students/faculty/staff. Using the students experience help provide insight on ways to make it better.
• Application Development - Assist in on-going project needs to help keep projects on track. Work as part of a team and learn skills on project management.
• Research - Assist in gathering data on potential future projects.
• Minimum 2.5 GPA
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree
• Positive attitude and eager to learn Growth mindset
• Minimum Sophomore with some technology courses completed
• Basic Information Technology Infrastructure knowledge, including
o Active Directory
o Windows Server
• Good oral and written communication skills, willing to interact with faculty/staff as well as fellow students
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: July 20, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur