The Department of Cell Biology & Neuroscience at Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (SOM) is seeking candidates for full-time teaching faculty at the level of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor.
The successful candidate will participate in the planning, implementation, and assessment in the medical school problem-based learning (PBL) curriculum. Candidate should have a record of excellence in teaching medical or graduate students and demonstrated commitment to the pedagogies of active student learning. Responsibilities also include working with faculty to develop resources, participating in departmental/school-wide committees and maintaining office hours. Individuals that thrive in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment are encouraged to apply. Excellent organizational and communication skills are required and experience with learning management systems (Blackboard, Canvas, etc.) and/or ExamSoft is desired. Preference will be given to those with content expertise in Biochemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Microbiology or a related field. The successful candidate will join a productive and highly collaborative research and teaching faculty on the Sewell Campus. Salary and other considerations will be consistent with a commitment to recruit, support, and retain exceptional individuals. A comprehensive benefits package includes Rowan undergraduate tuition for eligible dependents. Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations. Rowan University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The Stratford Campus is a Tobacco-Free Workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate problem-based learning groups each week
- Write exam items, proctor and grade exams
- Assist PBL students with research proposals
- Help with assessment of Medical Scholarship assignments
- Provide support for administration of courses on the learning management system
- Perform continuous quality improvement on current PBL cases and develop new cases
- Serve on departmental/school-wide committees as assigned
- Maintain office hours to provide student tutoring
- Pursue scholarly activity
- Other duties as assigned
Applicants should have a Ph.D. (in a related science field), PharmD., DO or MD from an accredited university. Rank will be commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Jul 20 2021 Eastern Daylight Time