Enrichment Specialist, Part-time
The Enrichment Specialist is a part-time position, serving as the Student Support Services front line of support in office management, as well as playing an integral role in supporting at risk students. In this role, the Enrichment Specialist provides academic counseling, assists with test management and facilitates collaboration across both office and campus resources. The Enrichment Specialist also actively promotes a welcoming college environment, continuously striving to optimize the student experience.
- Providing organizational guidance and academic counseling to at risk students through weekly meetings. Emphasis will be placed on helping students maximize their potential with the goal of increased independent learning. Areas of concentration will include: time management, communication, prioritization and planning, study skills, connecting to campus life, social interactions, and educational progression.
- Supervises front desk operations, including as back up whenever the desk is not staffed by student employees. Hires students to manage the desk, proctoring and office support includes to ensure that students entering the office are always greeted warmly, as well as the tracking of visits and related data.
- Assists the Accessibility Specialist with the coordination of test proctoring services. This position will request tests from professors, prepare tests for next day exams and return tests that have been completed. Additional testing services may include proctoring, acting as a reader or scribe, and the playing of audio files during testing.
- Manages TutorTrac software system, which includes uploading tutor schedules, providing data pulled from the software for assessment purposes and managing tutor payroll.
- Collaborates with key office and division staff on program initiatives, such as Alpha Lambda Delta and Thrive Guides, by helping to plan events, attend monthly meetings and seek out opportunities for program growth and involvement.
- Coordinates the monthly meeting Transfer Connection for new transfer students.
- Provide informed outreach to students, reviewing records and available information as necessary, to optimize student outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a year of experience in higher education or with students in an educational setting.
- Hours for this position are Monday through Friday from 1pm to 5pm with occasional nights and weekends for events. Position is a 10-month position, off the month of July and mid-December through mid-January.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage details and follow through.
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
- Must be self-motivated with good organizational skills.
- Adheres to standards of confidentiality and FERPA when working with students, parents, faculty, and staff.
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as well.
At this time, SU is requiring that individuals within certain groups specifically those who have high levels of contact with others at the university or pose a greater risk to our community to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by August 1 for Fall 2021 or have at least the first dose by June 1 for groups that will be in person this summer (with full vaccination following as soon as possible), unless they have a SU-approved medical or religious exemption
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Winchester
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Winchester
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Winchester
- Counseling Not specified Part Time jobs in Winchester
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Winchester