The Office of the Provost seeks a Core Curriculum Program
Coordinator who is the primary point of contact for the Core
Curriculum. The coordinator will assist students, advisors and
staff while providing primary administrative support for the Core
faculty director and Core leadership. The Core Coordinator will
work closely with the Core faculty director and area directors from
across the University, ensuring proper operation and management of
the Core Curriculum. The candidate will have and demonstrate
excellent oral and written communication, organizational and
planning skills, prepare budgetary documents and display the
ability to multitask and work with various members of the Butler
community in a timely and effective manner. A strong work ethic,
commitment to service and the ability to maintain confidentiality
is essential to this position. We seek candidates whose previous
work and life experiences prepare them to contribute to our
commitment to engagement and inclusion of culturally diverse
students, faculty, and staff. Successful candidates will have a
demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and
intercultural development in a work environment and be eager to
contribute to inclusion efforts on campus.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Primary point of contact for the Core Curriculum for all
students, faculty advisors, professional advisors and staff.
- Administrative support for Core faculty director and Core
- Provide support during registration process.
- Monitor Core Curriculum course enrollment.
- Coordinate Core Curriculum events and scheduling for courses,
meetings and programs as directed.
- Coordinate and manage the Butler Cultural Requirement
- Monitor Core Curriculum budgets; prepare budgetary documents
for accounts payable.
- Maintain and update the Core Curriculum website.
- Cross-train within academic affairs and the provost’s office
- Other duties as assigned
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and
equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications
from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity,
sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status,
sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, high school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant administrative experience
required, preferably in a higher education institution.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem
solving and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, multitask
and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and familiarity with
PeopleSoft, Canvas, Zoom and the willingness to learn new
technologies is desired.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Commitment to professionalism, and strong work ethic.
July 21, 2021
August 31, 2021