Core Curriculum Program Coordinator
The Office of the Provost seeks a Core Curriculum Program Coordinator who is the primary point of contact for the Core Curriculum. The coordinator will assist students, advisors and staff while providing primary administrative support for the Core faculty director and Core leadership. The Core Coordinator will work closely with the Core faculty director and area directors from across the University, ensuring proper operation and management of the Core Curriculum. The candidate will have and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication, organizational and planning skills, prepare budgetary documents and display the ability to multitask and work with various members of the Butler community in a timely and effective manner. A strong work ethic, commitment to service and the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential to this position. We seek candidates whose previous work and life experiences prepare them to contribute to our commitment to engagement and inclusion of culturally diverse students, faculty, and staff. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and intercultural development in a work environment and be eager to contribute to inclusion efforts on campus.
- Primary point of contact for the Core Curriculum for all students, faculty advisors, professional advisors and staff.
- Administrative support for Core faculty director and Core leadership.
- Provide support during registration process.
- Monitor Core Curriculum course enrollment.
- Coordinate Core Curriculum events and scheduling for courses, meetings and programs as directed.
- Coordinate and manage the Butler Cultural Requirement (BCR).
- Monitor Core Curriculum budgets; prepare budgetary documents for accounts payable.
- Maintain and update the Core Curriculum website.
- Cross-train within academic affairs and the provost’s office staff positions.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, high school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant administrative experience required, preferably in a higher education institution.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and familiarity with PeopleSoft, Canvas, Zoom and the willingness to learn new technologies is desired.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Commitment to professionalism, and strong work ethic.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: July 21, 2021
Applications close: August 31, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis