Lab Assistant Science PT - Biology
Lab Assistant Science PT - Biology
2550 Bending Branch Way, Collin College Technical Campus
Allen, Texas, 75013
We are searching for an experienced Lab Assistant Science PT - Biology .
Prepare all classroom experiments using solutions/media and supplies according to course syllabi and prep sheets, using various products/chemicals and laboratory equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an adequate stock of required equipment and supplies. Keep an inventory of all types of equipment, supplies and chemical/ bio-hazard waste, determine user needs, and provide lab manager with the supply requests. Track expiration dates of products as appropriate. Ensure supplies are organized and accessible according to department requirements.
- Maintain equipment in laboratories and classrooms as requested, performing minor repairs and maintenance as required. Assure all equipment is routinely checked and maintained, informing the appropriate supervisor of the need for major repairs and/or replacements.
- Assist in implementation of proper safety procedures and standards; identify and report potential safety hazards. Assist in the disposal of used/spent supplies/products, in accordance with Federal EPA regulations, State, local city ordinances and College policies.
- Organize and maintain all lab rooms, completing all tasks such as but not limited to washing and refilling empty containers, collecting trash from all containers, and putting away all unused clean containers. Adjust and clean screens and monitors. Clean spills and equipment as specified by instructors or supervisor.
- Maintain records, forms and system data, performing data entry and copying as described.
- Greet students, faculty, staff and the general public in a friendly and professional manner. Answer the telephone as quickly as possible, maintain professional demeanor at all times. Maintain confidentiality of all records.
- May prepare various cultures, chemicals, stains, solutions, dilutions, etc. from discipline prep sheets and ensures used supplies are disposed of properly and safely. May produce slides, handouts, flyers or other collateral for classroom, recruiting activities, etc.
- Train new personnel as needed and requested. May assist supervisor in monitoring work of student assistants, and/or part-time lab assistants, when requested.
- Assist in the coordination of trouble shooting between students, instructors, web services and others to help solve problems. Assist faculty in the use of equipment, software and tools. Connect and disconnect equipment and tools according to oral or written instructions. Cross-train in various functions as required in order to backup other staff positions
- Attend all department and division meetings as required and participate in professional development/health and safety training courses as required by supervisor.
- Represent the department at college and community events.
- Work schedules may be required to be flexible to morning, afternoon or evening time frames as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution AND two (2) years of related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
An additional two (2) years of related experience may be substituted to meet the minimum education qualification.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, plus climbing and balancing. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises. In addition, incumbents may be subjected to gases and workspace restrictions. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $15.56 - 15.57
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney