Data Clerk (Part-time) - APCAA Front Desk
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy,, Plano Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Data Clerk (Part-time) -
APCAA Front Desk
Must be available to work Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 1
Provide clerical support for assigned department. Answer phones,
make appointments, enter data, answer questions and perform other
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide clerical support for the department. Includes but is
not limited to scheduling appointments, typing letters, reports and
memoranda; proofreading work to ensure accuracy.
- Answer telephone, greet callers and campus visitors, students,
faculty, staff, and the general public in a courteous, friendly
professional manner. Direct and assist callers and visitors to the
appropriate person and/or provide accurate information.
- Assist with maintaining and updating applicable files.
- Assist with outgoing mail and pick-up and distribution of
incoming mail to appropriate personnel.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed matter, using
copying or duplicating machine and fax information when
- Perform data entry and operate computer (word processing and
spreadsheet) in performance of routine clerical/typing duties.
- Maintain confidentiality of files, records, organizational
plans and personnel actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with
College policies, procedures, and core values.
High School diploma or equivalent with some clerical training and
one (1) year of office and/or customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge computers of related software
- Knowledge of copiers
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of different departments of Collin College
- Keyboarding skills
- Customer service skills
- Organization skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use a multi-line telephone system
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of English composition and
- Ability to relate well to students, staff, faculty and the
general public in a friendly, courteous and professional
- Ability to deal with emotional and stressful situations
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a
negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in
this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping,
standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling,
crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant
environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little
physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $13.85 - 13.85
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or