Part-Time Departmental Assistant
SALARY: $20.00 per hour
OPENING DATE: 7/20/2021
CLOSING DATE: 8/3/2021 11:59 PM
UNIT: Unaffiliated (Part-Time)
DEPARTMENT: College Assembly and Center for the Enrichment of Learning and Teaching
REPORTS TO: Chair, College Assembly and Director, CELT
- Organizes and coordinates the administrative workflow.
- Coordinates complex departmental projects from inception through completion.
- Provides primary secretarial support to the departments.
- Identifies problems and/or inconsistencies in the record system and provides for their solution or correction.
- Maintains Administrator's files, calendar, and correspondence.
- Prepares correspondence, complex technical and/or statistical reports, agenda, and minutes of meetings.
- Arranges, participates in and implements, as directed, meetings and conferences.
- Participates in the training and motivation of other support staff.
- Provides students, employees or department members with information and directs them to appropriate resources.
- Operates office equipment.
- Maintains accurate files and records via manual or computerized systems.
- Orders office supplies and instructional/administrative materials as needed.
- Sorts and distributes mail within the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Previous work experience in an academic area/college/school setting
• Strong PC skills with knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
• Self-motivated with excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Accuracy and close attention to detail
• Strong communication skills necessary in order to deal with a multi-faceted office environment, students and the general public
• Associate's degree
SCHEDULE: 10-Month Position (September 1 through June 30 annually)
Monday - Thursday, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
20 hours per week