Independently interacts with students in during educational
experiences designed to enable experiential learning and/or
assessment of students' skills. Assesses student professionalism,
knowledge, skills and behaviors using standardized measurement
tools. Participates in training of SPs. Participates in simulation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with faculty on case development and rubrics for clinical
- Train SPs on cases and interpersonal skills feedback as
- Teach in physical examination labs as needed
- Monitor student performance on standardized patient
- Utilize simulation methodology for teaching and assessing
- Assist with daily administrative operation of the center
- Assist with clinical skills procedures training
- Assist with simulation exercises
- Participate in community outreach programs
- Participate on university committees as appointed
- Maintain departmental supply inventory
- To both observe and accurately document student performance on
- To communicate with students in a straightforward and positive
- Be flexible and have the ability to adapt to quick changes and
work in a dynamic environment.
- Maintain a positive attitude and work well with students,
staff, and SP colleagues.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the students.
- Represent department and the University favorably and in
accordance with established Core Values and expectations
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals
and objectives of the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Nursing degree/experience along with four-five years of
experience working as a nurse educator with medical or allied
health professions students.
- Expertise with simulated patient methodology of all types as an
educational tool including assessment, training, debriefing,
- Highly preferred qualifications: Past experience working
specifically in UME/GME. Expertise in center management
- Demonstrate intermediate computer skills and proficiency.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity
workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all
employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their
demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic
information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial
status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other
status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Annual Security Report
KCU is committed to providing a safe campus for students, faculty,
and staff. Our annual campus security report
crimes and statistics for the campus and public areas around campus
for the last three years, in accordance with the Jeanne Clery
Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!