Computer Support Specialist
Empowering people by raising aspirations and fostering achievement through
dynamic, compassionate, and responsible learning experiences.
Title: Computer Support Specialist Grade: B22 FLSA: Non-Exempt
Date: July 2021 Reports to: Manager, Networks and Systems
__________________________________________________________________________________________Scope of Position
Support all information technology hardware and software used by the administrative and instructional areas both on and off campus. Ensure that computer and telecommunications devices are available and operate efficiently. Answer helpdesk calls and direct to appropriate personnel if needed.
Key Measurable Expectations (KME)
The following are KME’s that are normal for this
position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or
- Assist callers with requests for information technology services including repair or support requests, complaints, and inquiries. Direct calls to the appropriate personnel and log via ticketing and tracking system.
- Answer questions and resolve information technology problems for team members in person, via telephone, or from a remote location.
- Maintain computer hardware (PC and Mac) and software in lab, classroom, and office environments.
- Support computer and telecommunications software including operating systems (Windows and Mac OS), applications, E-mail (Outlook), internet browsers, and other academic and administrative applications used for college purposes.
- Assist in developing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Provide technical training to team members as need including one-on-one software training.
- Review and evaluate new hardware/software compatibility with environment.
- Troubleshoot computer peripheral equipment (printers, scanners, copiers, cameras, etc.)
- Assist in inventory tracking of computers and peripherals.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Hardware/Software Technology or equivalent degree.
- One-year related experience required.
- Microsoft Certification desirable.
- HP LaserJet Basic Hardware Repair Training is desirable.
- A+ Certification desirable.
- Work hours include some evenings and weekends.
- Customer service oriented with excellent communications skills.
- Ability to learn and articulate technical information and convey to non-technical team members.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
Lewis & Clark Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, LCCC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. It is also the policy of the College to prohibit any form of harassment based on an individual’s protected status, such as gender, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or other protected group status as defined by law. If interested, please contact the Human Resource Department, Erickson Hall – Room 107.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Godfrey
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Godfrey
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Godfrey