To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen,
then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand
navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all
necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources,
you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next'
button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting
Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page
appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list
of possible approval step options.
Unit Director for the Center for Student Inclusiveness
Monday-Friday 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
This position may require occasional evening and/or weekend
Hours per Week
Months per Year
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching
its educational environment and culture through the diversity of
its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing
inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of
its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative
Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse
groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of
diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive
Purpose of Position
The Unit Director will provide leadership and direction for the
Center for Student Inclusiveness ( CSI )., which includes the
following offices: African American Student Initiatives, Latino
Student Initiatives, and LGBTQA+ Student Initiatives. Additionally,
the Unit Director is responsible for the day to day operations of
one of those offices.
Center for Student Inclusiveness ( CSI ) Oversight
- Serve as the Unit Director for the CSI and also as a direct
report and liaison to the Vice President for Student Affairs
- Cultivate an environment that coordinates DEI (diversity,
equity, and inclusion) initiatives, collaborative co-curricular
programming with CSI and campus departments, and the promotion of a
sense of belonging for students within the center and in the campus
- Oversee the creation of strategic goals, translate them into
specific goals and objectives within the CSI ; communicate these
goals to center members and campus constituents
- Supervise the Unit leadership and provide indirect supervision
for approximately seven of the following positions: graduate
assistants, VISTAs, and other undergraduate student staff
- Evaluate CSI progress by conducting ongoing assessments with
members of the center, divisional leadership, students, and
- Research, plan, develop and present new ideas to University
that may affect students
- Provide initial orientation to new students
- Coordinate co-curricular programming
- Serve as community outreach liaison for cultural educational
initiatives, as well as assistance with community
- Supervise and collaborate with others on student program
development and implementation geared towards certain student
recruitment, retention and graduation success, cross-cultural
awareness with campus, community population, etc.
- Advise students on academic, financial and personal matters and
assesses when referral is necessary
- Develop goals and an annual and long-range plan for the office,
which include strategies and programs to promote recruitment,
retention and success of students
- Maintain office budget with assistance from the Coordinator for
- Collect and organize data, maintain records and generates
institutional reports to demonstrate success
- Train, supervise, and evaluate professional and
paraprofessional staff as needed
- Work closely with the Offices of Admissions and Financial Aid
to determine students eligibility for admission and
Must have a Master’s degree with 5 years total related work
experience and 3 years related management experience.
Must have strong written and oral communication skills, ability to
work well with the public, organizational skills, and interpersonal
Experience with Inclusive Excellence programming, knowledge of
student development theory and practice, understanding of the needs
and experiences of diverse college students, familiarity with
university administrative practices and procedures, ability to
envision, plan and organize innovative programs and services that
promote student achievement.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Is this an internal only posting?
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NKU Jobs Site
- Inside Higher Ed
- Employee Referral
- * Do you have a total of 5 years related professional work
- * Do you have a minimum of 3 yrs related management experience?
- * What related experience in your background would make you a
good candidate for this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Education - Master's Degree or higher?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application