Unit Director for the Center for Student Inclusiveness
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Unit Director for the Center for Student Inclusiveness Department Student Affairs Compensation Title Position Number 30000190 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
Monday-Friday 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
This position may require occasional evening and/or weekend hours. Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
The Unit Director will provide leadership and direction for the Center for Student Inclusiveness ( CSI )., which includes the following offices: African American Student Initiatives, Latino Student Initiatives, and LGBTQA+ Student Initiatives. Additionally, the Unit Director is responsible for the day to day operations of one of those offices. Primary Responsibilities
Center for Student Inclusiveness ( CSI ) Oversight
- Serve as the Unit Director for the CSI and also as a direct report and liaison to the Vice President for Student Affairs
- Cultivate an environment that coordinates DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) initiatives, collaborative co-curricular programming with CSI and campus departments, and the promotion of a sense of belonging for students within the center and in the campus community
- Oversee the creation of strategic goals, translate them into specific goals and objectives within the CSI ; communicate these goals to center members and campus constituents
- Supervise the Unit leadership and provide indirect supervision for approximately seven of the following positions: graduate assistants, VISTAs, and other undergraduate student staff positions
- Evaluate CSI progress by conducting ongoing assessments with members of the center, divisional leadership, students, and departmental stakeholders
- Research, plan, develop and present new ideas to University that may affect students
- Provide initial orientation to new students
- Coordinate co-curricular programming
- Serve as community outreach liaison for cultural educational initiatives, as well as assistance with community organizations
- Supervise and collaborate with others on student program development and implementation geared towards certain student recruitment, retention and graduation success, cross-cultural awareness with campus, community population, etc.
- Advise students on academic, financial and personal matters and assesses when referral is necessary
- Develop goals and an annual and long-range plan for the office, which include strategies and programs to promote recruitment, retention and success of students
- Maintain office budget with assistance from the Coordinator for CSI
- Collect and organize data, maintain records and generates institutional reports to demonstrate success
- Train, supervise, and evaluate professional and paraprofessional staff as needed
- Work closely with the Offices of Admissions and Financial Aid to determine students eligibility for admission and scholarships
Must have a Master’s degree with 5 years total related work experience and 3 years related management experience.
Must have strong written and oral communication skills, ability to work well with the public, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills.
Experience with Inclusive Excellence programming, knowledge of student development theory and practice, understanding of the needs and experiences of diverse college students, familiarity with university administrative practices and procedures, ability to envision, plan and organize innovative programs and services that promote student achievement. Minimum Education Master's Degree Preferred Education Master's Degree Minimum Experience 5 years Salary Pay Grade UN
Requisition Number 2021S1418 Job Open Date 07/19/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10602 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NKU Jobs Site
- Inside Higher Ed
- Employee Referral
- * Do you have a total of 5 years related professional work
- * Do you have a minimum of 3 yrs related management experience?
- * What related experience in your background would make you a
good candidate for this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Education - Master's Degree or higher?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport