Temporary Part-time Theatre Assistant - Front House #38104
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student populations.
St. Charles Community College invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of Temporary Part-time Theatre Production Assistant (Front of House/Box Office) to will perform various duties associated with the scheduled operation of the theatre and affiliated technical areas on campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates ticketing software, including financial transactions.
- Assists with opening and closing of box office.
- Balance cash drawer and makes change when necessary.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers; takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Communicates with customers professionally.
- Assists theatre patrons with seating concerns and disability accommodations.
- Interacts with volunteer ushers to assure excellent customer service.
- Insures adherence to College and theatre policies, notifies FT staff when violations occur.
- Aids with set-up for theatre open houses and similar events.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: The ideal candidate will have basic computer skills, basic keyboarding skills, strong communication skills, customer service experience, cash handling experience, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and the ability and willingness to learn new things.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.