Athletic Trainer (10 months)
Empowering people by raising aspirations and fostering achievement through dynamic, compassionate, and responsible learning experiences.
Title: Athletics Trainer Grade: C41 FLSA: Exempt
Date: July 2021 Reports to: Athletic Director Contractual Period: 10 months (August – May)
Scope of Position
The purpose of this position is to serve as the Athletic Trainer, along with all the functions associated with this role.
Key Measurable Expectations (KME)
The following are KME’s that are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Operate and maintain a treatment center at practice and game sites
- Prepare players for practice and games including preventative taping and bandaging
- Provide care for injured athletes and work directly with the appropriate physician and head coach to determine when it is medically safe for an ill or injured athlete to return to competition
- Be present at home contests during the regular and post season of the college
- Maintain training room hours
- Provide preventative and rehabilitative services
- Instruct athletes on injury prevention
- Keep accurate and thorough daily journal records on all patients and file reports on a weekly basis
- Budget and submit information for the purchasing of sports treatment supplies and equipment
- Assure coverage at all tournaments and athletic events hosted by the college.
- Assist with Fitness Center supervision
- Complete necessary paperwork for athletic treatment through the college’s insurance provider
- Complete concussion protocols with student-athletes
- Adhere to guidelines set by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Bachelor's degree in sports medicine or related field required.
- National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA) Board of Certification and State Athletic Training Licensure required.
- Previous experience as an Athletic Trainer preferred.
Lewis & Clark Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, LCCC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. It is also the policy of the College to prohibit and form of harassment based on an individual’s protected status, such as gender, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or other protected group status as defined by law. If interested, please contact the Human Resource Department, Erickson Hall – Room 107.