The Recruitment Coordinator will design, manage, and execute both on- and off-campus recruiting events for the School of Art and Design; oversee the creation and distribution of print and digital media used for recruitment; and coordinate scholarship applications and review. it is imperative that all employees conduct themselves in a professional, respectful and collegial manner while carrying out their duties in representing the School, the College, and Northern Illinois University. Productive and collaborative relationships with students, faculty, staff, university departments and the external organizations are both a requirement and an essential function of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
1) Organize, manage, and participate in both on and off-campus recruiting events.
2) Coordinate and assist faculty participation in recruitment events including Open House, National Portfolio Days, and site visits to schools and community colleges.
3) Manage and respond to inquiries from potential new students.
4) Participate in School of Art student orientation events and provide assistance to the Coordinator of Undergraduate Advising.
5) Provide up-to-date programmatic information to new freshmen recruits and potential transfer students.
6) Maintain confidential recruitment records.
7) Prepare budget proposals for annual recruitment activities
8) Prepare data analysis of recruiting yield from recruitment activities.
7) Liaise with community colleges to assist with program articulation for potential transfer students
B. Creation and management of publicity materials.
1) In consultation with the CVPA Director of Marketing and Communications, prepare hard copy and electronic School of Art publicity materials as required for recruiting.
C. Coordinate Scholarship applications and review
1) Manage applications and coordinate with faculty in the review processes conducted in relation to all School of Art Scholarships related to recruitment.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
1. Bachelor’s degree in a fine arts or design field
2. Additional education, training and/or work experience in a distinct academic discipline or area of specialization may be designated by the Employer. Such designations must be directly linked to the specific position description and requirements.
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
At least 2 years professional experience in an art making or design field
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
1. Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing quality educational guidance. This includes student needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of student satisfaction.
2. Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in the presentation and delivery of academic programs, strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, recruitment methods, and coordination of people and resources.
3. Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
4. Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
5. Knowledge of educational, evaluation, and measurement principles, practices, methods, and techniques, university policies and procedures.
6. Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively; ability to develop a rapport with students.
7. Analysis Prepare data analysis of recruiting yield from recruitment activities
8. Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
9. Ability to establish effective working relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
8 am-12 pm and 1 pm-4:30 pm
Minimum Pay Rate (Hourly or Monthly)
Hiring Rate Information
Actual hiring rate is commensurate with experience, education, and internal equity; position includes a robust benefits package to eligible applicants.
Priority Review Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Fully complete the Education and Work History sections of the application. Be specific on your entire work history, including employment dates and duties for all positions held. Applicable part-time work experience will be considered toward qualifying for this position, however, it will be converted to a full-time equivalency to determine combined length of experience.
- If you have education and/or training in excess of what is required, we encourage you to upload your unofficial transcripts.
- After the posting has closed, your submission will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the classification, including any specialty factors associated with this particular position.
- Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application. Emails will be generated from email@example.com and CivilServiceTesting@niu.edu . Please add these emails to your address book to ensure timely delivery of any future communication.
- We STRONGLY recommend that contact information used in your online profile be personal use, not professional/work information: personal email address, home address, and phone numbers. The information you provide is used to make contact on search updates, department referrals and interviews, etc. We must be able to relay sensitive and important information in a way that protects your privacy concerning job search activity, now and in the future.
- The Civil Service examination for this classification is a Credentials Assessment, and is based on your application materials as submitted for this posting. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the hiring department for interview.
- Once this position has been filled, all names will be removed from the employment register in accordance with State Universities Civil Service System rule .
- If eligible for Veteran’s Preference Points, DD214/DD215/NGB22/DD256 paperwork reflecting an Honorable Discharge MUST be uploaded to this application in order to receive the maximum eligible points on the Civil Service examination.
- Click on Program Assistant for more information including salary ranges, typical duties, minimum acceptable qualifications, and testing requirements.
- Please click Human Resource Services – Benefits for detailed information about Northern Illinois University’s benefits package.
- Employment is contingent upon your passing a criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Link to Department Homepage
School of Art and Design
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX Coordinator
Health Services 230
Is Background Check Required
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
NIU remains committed to ensuring that its recruitment and application procedures include full opportunities for applicants with disabilities. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make accommodations for a person’s disability during either the application or interview process. An applicant who believes they require an accommodation to participate in the employment process due to a disability may request that accommodation through the Accommodation Request Form . For further assistance, please contact the office of Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Education ( AAEOE ) at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Clery Act Information
NIU provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu/clery or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.niu.edu/clery/fire_report.pdf or by contacting the Environmental Health and Safety Department at 815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in a fine arts or design field
- * Do you hold a Master's Degree or higher?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- List of at least 3 References
- Military Discharge Documents ONLY (DD214/DD215/NGB22/DD256)
- Transcripts (unofficial with official required at hire)
- Transcripts #2 (unofficial with official required at hire)
- Transcripts #3 (unofficial with official required at hire)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb