Gym Attendant (Part-Time)
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness, orderly, arrangement of college property. Completes all duties as needed to maintain the upkeep of college buildings and grounds
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities
- Must sweep, wet and dust mop assigned buildings.
- Must apply cleaning and disinfecting solution and finishes per manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Must wash, clean and/or polish glass, furniture, walls, doors, windows, and bathroom fixtures.
- Must manage routine upkeep of exterior areas, green space, and parking lots.
- Must complete non-routine cleaning and disinfecting and handle emergency cleaning requests.
- Must maintain sports complex clean and ready for use.
- Must maintain inventory of materials and supplies needed to perform assigned tasks.
- Assists with addressing, documenting, and resolving issues related to safety and risk measures.
- Support college events by enforcing health and safety protocols.
- Participate in college activities designed for professional growth and development.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures outlined in the Laredo College Manual of Policy as well as supplemental information from supervisors.
- Maintain FERPA standards as applied to public institutions of higher learning.
- May be required to operate college mobile equipment such as mules and fleet vehicles per state law Maintain the Fitness Center in a clean and orderly fashion. This includes the weight room, bathrooms, showers, lobby area, doors and windows, and workout rooms. Will also remove trash from building.
- Will be required to attend trainings, certification classes, sessions on safety and equipment usage, and any other classes, trainings, or seminars as directed by the Chairperson.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Gym Attendant (Full-Time), Faculty, Department Chairperson, and Faculty Secretary.
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your high school diploma or unofficial transcript or GED certificate. If recommended for this position an official transcript(s) will be required. If a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications or must obtain within 30 days of employment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Current LC student. Work experience in custodial services including cleaning and sanitizing indoor facilities and general maintenance of buildings and grounds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Provide experienced, quality custodial services.
- Exercise professionalism and good judgment while performing custodial services.
- Ability to safely and use hand tools, power tools, motorized tools, and equipment.
Faculty, Faculty Secretary, Department Chairperson, Dean of Arts and Sciences and/or the Provost/Vice-President of Academic Affairs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties. May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed. May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency or having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your online application at the time of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service. http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification/Foreign_Credential_Evaluation_Services/ http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.