Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for the physical abilities to perform lifesaving skills, pool maintenance, record keeping, sanitation, and perform all duties assigned by the Athletics, Kinesiology & Wellness Chairperson. Must be able to maintain assigned areas in a clean, safe, and attractive condition.
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities
- Must maintain swimming pool facilities.
- Must monitor activities in swimming areas to prevent accidents.
- Must perform other maintenance tasks such as vacuuming, filtration, and sanitation.
- Must sweep and mop the shower and locker rooms.
- Must periodically wash, clean, and/or polish glass, furniture, fixtures, and pool deck.
- Must lock and unlock doors as directed.
- Must be responsible, reliable, and prompt.
- Must take appropriate responsibility under any emergency.
- Must be able to communicate and establish an effective working relationship with co-workers and the public.
- Must assist other personnel in performing their duties as assigned by the Athletics, Kinesiology & Wellness Chairperson.
- Must work outside regular working hours – sometimes in the evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your high school diploma or unofficial transcript or GED certificate. If recommended for this position an official transcript(s) will be required. If a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Lifeguard Certificate
- Current CPR/AED
- First Aid certifications or must obtain within 30 days of employment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Prior lifeguarding experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to perform simple routine duties.
- Must be able to use a few definite procedures and have individual common judgment.
Department Chairperson, Dean of Arts and Sciences and/or the Provost/Vice-President of Academic Affairs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties. May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed. May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency or having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your online application at the time of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service. http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification/Foreign_Credential_Evaluation_Services/ http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo